Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

how do you copy & paste EFX (like in PS15) -- applying an effect or all effects onto a different video clip/clips ?

Last post 06-10-2019, 4:45 by saby. 14 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-26-2019, 17:13 778572

how do you copy & paste EFX (like in PS15) -- applying an effect or all effects onto a different video clip/clips ?

In PS15 I could copy any and all EFX -- even audio EFX like the channel tool -- and apply them to other clips.

How is this done using PS19,20 etc ?

•  01-26-2019, 17:26 778573 in reply to 778572

Re:how do you copy & paste EFX (like in PS15) -- applying an effect or all effects onto a different video clip/clips ?

Once the effect applied to the 1st clip, hover your mouse over the magenta line above it + right-click + Effects + Copy all.

Then, right-click the other clip(s) + Paste.

Read page # 158 of PS20 user manual.

•  01-26-2019, 17:42 778575 in reply to 778573

Re: Re:how do you copy & paste EFX (like in PS15) -- applying an effect or all effects onto a different video clip/clips ?

awesome - thanks

I have a sequence of approx 20 clips where different EFX have been applied to a single graphic.

That graphic needs to be exchanged for a different one.

Is there a way to both collectively capture and apply the DIFFERENT EFXs to different cuts (as a group) ?

And is there a way to automatically duplicate the original edit sequence -- to make the replacement graphic's edit "conform" to the edit of the original (or must I laboriously do it manually...) ?      

•  01-26-2019, 17:53 778578 in reply to 778575

Re: Re:how do you copy & paste EFX (like in PS15) -- applying an effect or all effects onto a different video clip/clips ?

Sorry.

I don't understand this :

Pinnuser-1998:

I have a sequence of approx 20 clips where different EFX have been applied to a single graphic.

and this :

Pinnuser-1998:

Is there a way to both collectively capture and apply the DIFFERENT EFXs to different cuts (as a group) ?

•  01-26-2019, 18:17 778579 in reply to 778578

in PS15 if you had a set of clips with different EFX applied to them -- I think you could copy the group and apply them to a similar discontinuous set of clips.

(As of now I had to copy each clip's EFX and paste it on the replacement graphic (that was under it).  I had to do this one at a time.

It would have been much faster if I could have copied and applied several clip's EFX at the same time. When I tried copying a group -- and then pasting onto the replacement group -- it simply duplicated the first clips EFX.)

•  01-27-2019, 3:14 778591 in reply to 778579

Would you list the effects that are applied to the 1st clip ?

The Copy all/Paste should actally copy and paste everything as long as we are talking of effects and not corrections of properties.

•  01-27-2019, 4:22 778601 in reply to 778591

I'm not explaining what I mean very well I fear --

If there is on the timeline a series of clips -- each with different variations of an EFX applied to them -- would it be possible to copy the EFX of that entire series, and then reapply their EFX to another different series of clips ?

From what I've seen, I think the answer is no. (not certain if it was doable in PS15 either).

But thanks anyway -- this is not something that will be needed very often -- I only wanted it save the time copying each of some 20 or so clips' EFX to their new matching replacement clips. Not a big deal. 

•  01-27-2019, 4:28 778602 in reply to 778601

Pinnuser-1998:

If there is on the timeline a there's series of clips -- each with different variations of an EFX applied to them -- would it be possible to copy the EFX of that entire series, and then reapply their EFX to another different series of clips ?

It's not possible.

The group of effects (or group of variations of the same effect) can be copied only from a single clip, then pasted to another clip or a series of clips. All the effects in the group would be applied to each clip of this series.

It was not doable in PS15, for sure.

•  06-09-2019, 15:35 785592 in reply to 778591

I need to apply the same CORRECTIONS/ENHANCE to various clips -- green line above the clip.

How is this done ?

•  06-09-2019, 15:50 785593 in reply to 785592

It can't be done but a very simple workaround is existing :

Instead of using Corrections, Enhance, use Effects, Color, Image Correction CPU. You get the exact same settings and it can be copied/pasted.

•  06-09-2019, 17:18 785596 in reply to 785593

thanks for the quick and specific reply.

(still -- that's a bad programming management oversight that would be trivial to fix)

•  06-09-2019, 17:41 785597 in reply to 785596

If you know it is trivial to fix it, why don't you apply for a job in Corel's dev team ?
  •  06-09-2019, 17:53 785598 in reply to 785597

all that's required is literally only modifying a shortcut.

By any definition, not hard to do.

Leaving it as it is, is needlessly confusing.

•  06-09-2019, 18:00 785599 in reply to 785598

I know nothing of programming Pinnacle. I've done object oriented many many years ago, but that's it.

I agree, being able to copy Effects and Corrections would be nice and has been requested before, but I am sure there is more involved than just modifying a shortcut. 

•  06-10-2019, 4:45 785605 in reply to 785598

Pinnuser-1998:

all that's required is literally only modifying a shortcut.

By any definition, not hard to do.

Leaving it as it is, is needlessly confusing.

https://www.corel.com/en/employment-opportunities/?hptrack=mmftr

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy