Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

empty items in titles libary!

Last post 11-19-2018, 9:48 by culpanr. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-19-2018, 6:11 774698

empty items in titles libary!

When I started a new project and went into the TITLES section in the library it only came up with one title that I had saved from a previous project and nothing else. I searched for the folders containing all other

titles and when found tried to put them into the library but it did not work.I did however make a project bin and put most of the in that, but when I placed one into the time line I was unable to edit the text as it wouldn't open correctly.

Is there a method to re-fill the library automatically?

regards

Ian

•  11-19-2018, 6:23 774700 in reply to 774698

Re: empty items in titles libary!

First, which version of PS are you using? Does it have the latest patch?

Has there always been only one title in the Titles? How did you try to put the titles back? 

Have you done a Library Refresh? A the bottom of the Library window you will see two circular arrows. Clicking on the will refresh the Library and all it's assets.

•  11-19-2018, 6:52 774702 in reply to 774700

I'm on Pinnacle 21 and I believe I have solved the problem. I went into setup - control panel and deleted all of my watch folders and have not enabled the watch folder.

I shut down as required and after the re-start checked ALL the library's and every one came up with not only the items required, but also in picture mode.

Sorry for any inconvenience regarding my post.

regards

Ian

•  11-19-2018, 7:35 774704 in reply to 774702

No inconvenience!

As a side note, I do have Watchfolders enabled in PS21 and have all the assets present in the Library.

•  11-19-2018, 8:13 774707 in reply to 774704

Same for me.

Watchfolders always enabled. 

•  11-19-2018, 9:43 774717 in reply to 774704

I will try it out next time I startup and see what happens!

Ian 

•  11-19-2018, 9:48 774718 in reply to 774707

Same here - although I do have Watchfolders turned on (so I see the "library media" tab in the navigation tree) I have not defined any watched folders.

Could the issue have been caused by some strange file in one of those watched folders - if it had corrupt or unusual content (that Studio "did not like"), might it have caused whatever process Studio uses to scan for new/changed assets and add/update them in the library to hang? If that were the case, watching those folders again might bring the trouble back again - however adding the folders to the watched list one by one may help identify which one(s) contained any "problem" files...

Regards,
    Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy