Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Dazzle DVD Recorder HD and Windows 10 64 bit

Last post 06-05-2018, 16:30 by saby. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-21-2018, 18:19 765032

Dazzle DVD Recorder HD and Windows 10 64 bit

I have had this working fine for a year or so as long as I implement the patch supplied by Pinnacle, but it has suddenly stopped working for me.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle, and I even uninstalled my copy of Studio 15 so that I could do a Reg Clear but I cannot get it back.  The Dazzle is OK in Device Manager, and is recognised as a capture device by Pinnacle but when I present it with a composite or S video signal it always gives the error "Failed to get a video signal".  It does not give No signal which is what I get if I disconnect the analogue device from the Dazzle.

I think it must be something to do with the major update to Windows 10 that my laptop had last week.  I have been able to install Debut from NCH software and that works well in capturing from the Dazzle but for the fact that I haven't found a way to set it to widescreen 16:9 format, which I had no problem with using the Pinnacle software.

Has anybody noticed something similar and if so can we expect an update to the patch?  I only bought it in June 2016 to replace my DVC 90 for which there are no 64 bit drivers. 

•  05-21-2018, 21:45 765073 in reply to 765032

Re:Dazzle DVD Recorder HD and Windows 10 64 bit

What if you try to capture with Captureflux : http://paul.glagla.free.fr/captureflux_en.htm
  •  05-22-2018, 10:27 765098 in reply to 765073

Re: Re:Dazzle DVD Recorder HD and Windows 10 64 bit

saby:
    What if you try to capture with Captureflux : http://paul.glagla.free.fr/captureflux_en.htm

Thank you for the idea, Saby.  However it does not run, generating lots of address violation error messages in the process.  I guess as it is a 2008 bit of software, it is not compatible with Windows 10 64 bit.

I have now found that Nero Video Version 12 will also capture from the Dazzle unit.  Although there are some adjustments available, it still gets the aspect ratio wrong.  However, I can import the result into Studio 15 as 4:3 and force an aspect ratio change to 16:9 so I now have a work around.  I have also raised a fault ticket with Corel and they have immediately responded by asking for a couple of system file scans to be done (Winaudit and msinfo32) so I will come back with anything that they suggest.

•  05-22-2018, 10:37 765100 in reply to 765098

Captureflux is working like a charm on my Win10 64 bits machine.
  •  06-05-2018, 16:23 765657 in reply to 765100

While waiting for Corel Support to respond to my raised Ticket, I have been doing lots of testing, including Captureflux.

I have discovered that Captureflux does not want to run on my laptop (where I do my Dazzle capture) if the charger is connected to the PC.  If I only run on the battery, then I can get Captureflux to run without raising all the Divide by Zero and Address errors which stop it running.  This may be due to my laptop having switchable graphics between the onboard Intel chipset and the AMD Radeon graphics chip.  As the latter is power hungry, I think it is disabled when running on battery.  When running on battery if I plug in the Dazzle unit, Captureflux detects the Dazzle Audio but does not detect the video part, so this is not an option to select in the video source pull down.  This is similar to the response from Studio for Dazzle.

I then looked carefully at the Radeon settings for Applications and for Pinnacle Studio they were set to select the AMD graphics "based on power setting".  I took this to mean that if the charger was connected then AMD would be selected, so I changed the setting for the application listed as Pinnacle Studio to "Power Saving" and now I can use Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle to do video and audio capture.  The selection between 4:3 and 16:9 also works properly. This was something that I could not set properly using Nero to do the video capture.

Going back to Captureflux, presumably because it does not install and is not recognised in the Registry (so it says), there is no application listed in the AMD Control Settings list for it, so I cannot influence the setting for it.  Anyway, I am back to being able to use the Dazzle unit again.

Thank you again for your help. 

•  06-05-2018, 16:30 765659 in reply to 765657

Thanks for the feedback.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy