Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

The Number ONE Annoyance - Library Sort changes continually

Last post 05-24-2018, 0:25 by iraisok. 10 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-21-2018, 16:21 765009

The Number ONE Annoyance - Library Sort changes continually

While I always boast how wonderful PS 21U is and how much better each release has been, there are a couple of time wasters built-in.  IMO the NUMBER ONE is library and Project folder sort changes as you use the product.  No need to state when.  It has been mentioned but since I've been hot and heavy in a project I had to post this to say lots of time wasted for something that should be easy to correct or at least considered high priority since EVERYONE experiences it.

Let's leave NUMBER TWO for some other time.

I'll end with how I started.  PS21U is FANTASTIC.  And if I didn't care about it, I'd not have posted this!

•  05-21-2018, 16:39 765012 in reply to 765009

Re: The Number ONE Annoyance - Library Sort changes continually

You #1 is much different than mine.... I can compensate for library changes in how I read it when it appears. Annoyance, yes... but for me, performance in long form editing when I do it is a much bigger issue.

I am sure others have different #1's too. In a perfect programming world, they would all be eliminated. The "big" and the "small". Hoping they are working on it...

•  05-21-2018, 19:51 765051 in reply to 765012

Tony,

The max time project I have EVER created (no matter the version of PS) was perhaps 40 min.  Reason, for me, the No 1 is sort jumping ascending/descending/ascending continually bugs me is my current project has a slew of folders.  I'm constantly having to scroll them up then down to find the very folder I am working in.  For certain, my No1 is easier to fix than yours.  Come now Corel, see the light (please).

•  05-21-2018, 21:32 765068 in reply to 765051

This bug is number Planck in my bugs list.
  •  05-22-2018, 0:20 765076 in reply to 765068

saby:
    This bug is number Planck in my bugs list.

Whatever "Planck" means ... I can guess.  Too lazy to do a simple Google search only for me to "giggle."  Well, to each his own.  At least I do NOT suggest difficult things to get fixed.  I prefer to suggest ones that might embarrass Corel in the first place that should NEVER got through their (do not laugh now) QUALITY CONTROL.  No matter, my number one item keeps me working with PS longer than otherwise.  And as you have read ...how I LOVE PS so having to work longer to get MY job done is not so bad.

All in fun.....  Smile or Crying

•  05-22-2018, 7:59 765084 in reply to 765076

My (not "The") number one annoyance at this moment in time is the fact that as I'm constantly importing video from my drone and deleting the clips as I do, the thumbnails of the old clips show up instead of the new thumbnails, so I don't know which ones to ignore.

This is because that's my current use of studio. At other times the most annoying bug is different

•  05-22-2018, 13:32 765113 in reply to 765084

When I started this thread and stated that library sort changes as My Number One Annoyance, I did not search through my list of what isn't perfect with PS 21u, nor did I state the most complex action that others might not experience, but rather something we all encounter, hands down, that should be on top of the list, that Corel should correct NOW!

•  05-22-2018, 14:47 765117 in reply to 765113

You didn't say it was "Your" number one, your thread title said it was "The" number one. Big Smile For me, the sort issue is a non-issue.
  •  05-23-2018, 0:16 765136 in reply to 765117

jjn:
    You didn't say it was "Your" number one, your thread title said it was "The" number one. Big Smile For me, the sort issue is a non-issue.

Jeff Big Smile,

Since I am not an administrator, I am speaking for myself.  I do believe administrators may need to state "MY.." to differentiate between your providing a Corel position/approach/action on some issue.  I've no further thought on this topic. 

I thank you for all you do on the forum.

•  05-23-2018, 13:37 765152 in reply to 765136

Uhh....hate to tell you this, but the Moderators here are NOT a part of Corel/Pinnacle, but are volunteers that moderate the forum. They do not represent Corel nor are paid by them.
  •  05-24-2018, 0:25 765180 in reply to 765152

Tony P:
    Uhh....hate to tell you this, but the Moderators here are NOT a part of Corel/Pinnacle, but are volunteers that moderate the forum. They do not represent Corel nor are paid by them.

I knew all that.  And thanks for doing all you do,

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy