Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

A way to force a refresh?

Last post 05-16-2018, 19:43 by iraisok. 16 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-15-2018, 20:09 764699

A way to force a refresh?

I'm seeking a way other than deleting render files or saving, closing then reopening project to learn if there is any unlinked media.  I do not see an option in a right-mouse application menu, maybe because I'm trying it on media in the Bin or Library that is linked.  I think by moving the play head from start to finish any/all unlinked assets is identified?

Reason for asking is at times, I might go into the project media folders (Windows Explorer) and [foolishly perhaps] move suspected unused media to a sub-folder.  I don't believe creating an unlink situation that way is flagged with no action in the project.  Is there a way to force a refresh/check for unlinked media?

Tnx,

•  05-15-2018, 20:50 764701 in reply to 764699

Re: A way to force a refresh?

iraisok:

I'm seeking a way other than deleting render files or saving, closing then reopening project to learn if there is any unlinked media.  I do not see an option in a right-mouse application menu, maybe because I'm trying it on media in the Bin or Library that is linked.  I think by moving the play head from start to finish any/all unlinked assets is identified?

Reason for asking is at times, I might go into the project media folders (Windows Explorer) and [foolishly perhaps] move suspected unused media to a sub-folder.  I don't believe creating an unlink situation that way is flagged with no action in the project.  Is there a way to force a refresh/check for unlinked media?

Tnx,

Yann and others,

WHY don't I see the EDIT and DELETE button immediately after I post anything?

I wanted to delete part of my msg where I said the unlinks would be revealed if I move pay head from start to end of project.  That is not the case.  Currently I am relocating media used in the project.

FLASH!!! - I just noticed it immediately shows the "!" with thumbnail on timeline in yellow.  So I know the media I need to relink.

No issue here. But what's with my not being able to edit my post when nobody has even viewed it?

•  05-16-2018, 5:12 764722 in reply to 764701

iraisok:

Yann and others,

WHY don't I see the EDIT and DELETE button immediately after I post anything?

How long does it take for them to appear ?

•  05-16-2018, 5:19 764724 in reply to 764722

I think edit and delete are only available on replies, not a post and prior to replies or views of my reply.  Let this be a test.
  •  05-16-2018, 5:21 764726 in reply to 764724

Yann,

Writing this immediately after last reply.  DELETE and EDIT buttons are not provided.  Is that normal for the forum?

•  05-16-2018, 8:19 764739 in reply to 764726

What browser are you using? Are you still logged in when you look for them?
  •  05-16-2018, 9:26 764741 in reply to 764739

jjn I am using Firefox 60.0, and in some areas of the forum, the Edit, Delete Post/Reply buttons are there. In some parts of the forum, they are not.
  •  05-16-2018, 9:27 764742 in reply to 764741

...like in this thread, I do not see Delete or Edit tabs for the above reply.
  •  05-16-2018, 12:51 764748 in reply to 764742

The problem for me seeing that is that as a moderator I probably have different privileges than you guys, and I see them on all my posts (although I will watch more carefully in future).

Slightly OT,The forum still gives me very slow responses or even an error when I try to open it using a home page bookmark. The Corel web team having been "looking at that" for at least a year now....

•  05-16-2018, 12:56 764749 in reply to 764748

jjn:

Slightly OT,The forum still gives me very slow responses or even an error when I try to open it using a home page bookmark. The Corel web team having been "looking at that" for at least a year now....

Too funny!

•  05-16-2018, 13:05 764750 in reply to 764748

The forum software is certainly acting strangely - could be the issue be down to the configuration of the "sub-forums" for each topic (General, Import, Library, Movie Editor, etc.)?

As an example - using Firefox 60.0 on the same (Windows 10 Home 64 bit) PC and staying logged in.

For the post here (under the "Movie Editor" topic) I do see the "Edit" and "Delete" buttons in my post's "header", but for the post here (under the "Library" topic) I do not. I do vaguely recall in the past finding that in some parts of the forum, editing or deleting seemed to be time-limited; after the post had been "up" for some particular length of time I was no longer allowed to edit or delete it... But I thought the buttons still showed, and if I tried to do an edit or delete an error box was shown stating that editing or deleting that post was not allowed.

Regards,
    Richard

•  05-16-2018, 13:46 764753 in reply to 764750

culpanr:

The forum software is certainly acting strangely - could be the issue be down to the configuration of the "sub-forums" for each topic (General, Import, Library, Movie Editor, etc.)?

But I thought the buttons still showed, and if I tried to do an edit or delete an error box was shown stating that editing or deleting that post was not allowed.

Regards,
    Richard

zero time - immediately after go back and no, I don't have the ability to delete a post.  Thanks for the other info. 

•  05-16-2018, 13:55 764755 in reply to 764750

JJN,

(forgot your name)

I could not quote your msg maybe because it was not the very last but I think that is yet another current issue with the forum.  To answer your questions - EDIT and DELETE are not shown on the forum msg or reply tool bar immediately after nor when no one has read the msg/reply whether I am on Firefox (always latest) or iPad.  Yes, of course I'm logged in when expecting these buttons.

i feel certain those buttons used to appear at the above times. 

•  05-16-2018, 15:33 764757 in reply to 764755

I tried with my "saby_test" username, but could not reproduce. Whatever I write, I always have the Edit and delete buttons.
  •  05-16-2018, 15:53 764759 in reply to 764757

saby:
    I tried with my "saby_test" username, but could not reproduce. Whatever I write, I always have the Edit and delete buttons.

Lucky for you!  Others in this thread have experienced the same issue.  And I do not believe the Edit button appears after any wait time.  Is it worth pulling the developer of the forum out of his grave Smile to get this back the way it used to work perhaps weeks ago?

•  05-16-2018, 15:57 764760 in reply to 764759

iraisok:

saby:

Lucky for you!  Others in this thread have experienced the same issue.  And I do not believe the Edit button appears after any wait time.  Is it worth pulling the developer of the forum out of his grave Smile to get this back the way it used to work perhaps weeks ago?

And I could NOT edit this edition to my prior reply to show you that I am not offered an EDIT button to my reply of 1 hr 57 min ago.  See attachment.

I shall end my "babbling" on this change to original POST.  No issue at all with the original subject.

•  05-16-2018, 19:43 764775 in reply to 764760

FYI: I just posted to the "What You Are Creating" section of the PS forum.  DELETE and EDIT appeared immediately!  So, as Tony or JJN or (?) stated in a prior reply, those buttons appear in some forum sections and not in others.  If it can be corrected, there would be fewer replies and possibly posts.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy