Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Use of an "aggregator" to create digital download

Last post 04-26-2018, 5:01 by saby. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-25-2018, 0:14 763589

Use of an "aggregator" to create digital download

I'm not sure which forum in which to post this, but when a project is finished and a digital file version is created from it (i.e. MP4, etc.), if a DVD or Blu-Ray is not required does anyone have any experience with an "aggregator" to prepare it as a digital download (for sale or rent) on a service such as Amazon, iTunes, etc.? From what I understand Amazon, for example, will not deal directly with me but has a bunch of "aggregators" who they deal with. An aggregator prepares the download with certain technical specifications to make sure it runs on all of the popular platforms and device, including Closed Captioning features. From what I've learned, Distribbr is a popular service for people like me. They get good reviews for service, are affordable (relatively speaking), and are on the preferred list of aggregators for many of the popular services.

Maybe you can help me, Saby, by placing this post in the proper forum. I'm not sure what to do with it.

Thank you!!!

Larry 

•  04-25-2018, 5:15 763593 in reply to 763589

Re: Use of an "aggregator" to create digital download

I moved your thread in the off-topic section.

BTW, I don't know what is an "aggregator" in your case. Sorry.

•  04-25-2018, 10:24 763596 in reply to 763593

saby:

I moved your thread in the off-topic section.

BTW, I don't know what is an "aggregator" in your case. Sorry.

Thank you for moving this, Yann. An Aggregator is a company that prepares a video for sale as a digital download from a service such as Amazon, iTunes, etc. Amazon/iTunes will not talk with someone like me... they only talk with aggregators for such things.

Larry 

•  04-25-2018, 11:32 763599 in reply to 763596

Distribber FAQ : https://www.distribber.com/faqs

Read the What file format do I need to deliver.

•  04-26-2018, 2:03 763626 in reply to 763599

Thanks for the info, Yann. I've done some research and Distribber seems to be the one for guys like me, so I will pursue that. Thanks for the link. Creating DVDs (or Blu-Ray) for sale makes sense as long as that technology is viable... which I have already had published for my "Bonneyville Mill" project as the NTSC format. However, a younger generation does not, sometimes, even own a DVD player so I would like to meet them where they are with a digital download, cross-platform and playable on any device. Marketing videos for sale is difficult to figure out, but I think in this case it will be interesting to learn more about how it is done. Vimeo is another service that allows digital downloads without going through an aggregator, but their "search" tool for finding videos on their site is just terrible. If Distribber works out I will go for the Amazon distribution platform.

Somewhere along the line I will get you a free download for "your viewing pleasure".

Larry 

•  04-26-2018, 5:01 763630 in reply to 763626

Thanks Larry.    Yes
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy