Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Project bins

Last post 04-03-2018, 12:00 by iangt9. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-28-2018, 9:46 761963

Project bins

Am having a little problem with the project bin's. After I have made a project etc, saved etc and then closed the program, when I re-open and go to the project bin, the content just flashes on the screen and vanishes completely yet by the side of the bin it shows the number of content (3) etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

regards

Ian

•  03-28-2018, 12:02 761969 in reply to 761963

Re: Project bins

There is a issue with project bins losing items previously saved to them when the program is subsequently opened, but I have not seen the entire content disappear. Not sure if it is related or not. One of the well-informed experts on here will no doubt enlighten us.

•  03-28-2018, 15:00 761977 in reply to 761963

I vaguely recall seeing a similar quirk a while back (in my case it affected the sample (sky-is-the-limit) bin. The number of assets in the bin was shown, but the thumbnail area was empty (I don't recall seeing a "flash" of the content before it vanished...)

In my case the problem went away by making that library tab display some completely different kind of asset, and then return to displaying the project bin again (for example use the navigation tree to show "transitions" in that library tab, then use the navigation tree again to display the project bin again).

If that doesn't help, try a library refresh or reset.

HTH
    Richard

•  03-29-2018, 11:28 762028 in reply to 761977

Tried the transitions the project bins method, but still no luck. Regarding the Library Tab, cant find how to either refresh or reset.

I did move my project onto the time line, then went to the project bins and selected the one I wanted, then moved over to the panel and a icon for the movie came up but then just flicked away again.

regards

Ian

•  03-29-2018, 14:02 762033 in reply to 762028

Attachment: library_refresh.jpg
    • To refresh the library thumbnails, click the button at the bottom of the library/editor window (when it's showing the "library" view) - see screen-grab
    • To reset the library (most likely to be needed for cases such as when assets and effects don't show up) is to use Studio's Control Panel - the "Reset" page. (Click the "reset" button, then close and re-open Studio and give it time to re-scan all the assets in the library and rebuold the effects database)
    • The most drastic way of all - giving you a "clean sheet" as if launching Studio for the first time (losing everything you have added to the library) is to delete all the contents of the folder C:\Users\<Your user name>\AppData\Local\Pinnacle_Studio_21

HTH
    Richard

•  04-03-2018, 12:00 762194 in reply to 762033

Culpanr,

Thanks for the information....I did the re-set as you mentioned, but as I haven't got any projects at the moment I couldn't check to see if the content showed up, it did however remove all the project bin's with the exception of "sky at night" which for some reason is empty and has been ever since I put PS 21 on my computer (not that it bothers me!).

Will do a double check when I make a new project.

regards

Ian

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy