Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

1080p resolution on DVD-R media?

Last post 01-20-2018, 20:54 by saby. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-20-2018, 20:40 758363

1080p resolution on DVD-R media?

I've made a slideshow of high-resolution photos with a menu.  Rendering a DVD turns the resolution down to 720p.  How can I keep 1080p resolution but continue to render on a DVD-R disc?

I've tried creating AVCHD-format disc on DVD-R and my BluRay & DVD player won't recognize it. 

I tried to render a BluRay-format disc, but the estimated size was too big, even though a bunch of still photos really should render quite small.  The bitrate can be only turned down so far, so I deleted some content as a test.  I created a BluRay-format disc on DVD-R media and again my my BluRay & DVD player won't recognize it.  Unfortunately I don't have a BluRay burner, so I can't try that (it would probably work).

Is there another option to render this on DVD-R media?  The only option I see is to ditch the menu and just put files on it and manually select, but that's not ideal.  Any thoughts out there?

•  01-20-2018, 20:54 758364 in reply to 758363

Re:1080p resolution on DVD-R media?

A DVD Video is a standard. Max resolution defined in this standard is 720 x 576.

The only way to put 1080 videos on a DVD-R is either :

• burn a AVCHD disk. Seems that your player don't like it
    • forget authoring and simply use the DVD-R like a storage device by simply putting clips in it like you would do on a USB stick, a hard drive or a SSD

You don' have any other solution.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy