Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

4TB WD HDD not used in PS12

Last post 05-02-2017, 15:24 by DV2FOX. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-22-2017, 22:12 736201

4TB WD HDD not used in PS12

Title says all. Back then i had a 1TB Westrern Digital HDD for backups and video recordings and well, it was running out of space and decided to buy a new HDD, same brand and all but 4TB in the package.

Other recording programs like GeForce Experience and Avermedia's RECentral configurated to the new HDD works like a charm...

HOWEVER, if i choose the new HDD's capture folder for PS12, the "Approximated Disc Capacity" set to... 0, Zero, nothing, HOWEVER, the circle diagram that shows the avaliable/left space is accurate.

The issue?. If i press the green button to record it says: "Low Disk Space in H Unit. Capture requires atleast 10MB"

Excuse me?... You can't capture in a 3TB Left HDD?!?!

What can i do to fix this?!
  •  04-27-2017, 7:23 736431 in reply to 736201

Re: 4TB WD HDD not used in PS12

Try partitioning your hard drive in two parts and try again.
  •  05-01-2017, 8:35 736730 in reply to 736431

The previous 1TB HDD i had was partitioned back then with a Windows XP partition and a Date one, but then i've deleted the XP partition and left it as only 1 partition, the Data one.

This one i have now only has 1 partition without touching anything rare and it should be working like the other one. Where's the difference in doing it so?.. You're saying to do a partition to make 2 HDDs show in My Computer, then re-join them into 1 HDD only or..?

•  05-01-2017, 12:01 736754 in reply to 736730

DV2FOX:

The previous 1TB HDD i had was partitioned back then with a Windows XP partition and a Date one, but then i've deleted the XP partition and left it as only 1 partition, the Data one.

This one i have now only has 1 partition without touching anything rare and it should be working like the other one. Where's the difference in doing it so?.. You're saying to do a partition to make 2 HDDs show in My Computer, then re-join them into 1 HDD only or..?

If you have an older computer it may not recognize the 4TB hard drive. You may need to partition it into 2TB and that might work (which you will be having like two hard drives in one. 

•  05-01-2017, 20:10 736791 in reply to 736754

I can reproduce the same issue here using Studio 12 and a Seagate 5TB external (USB3) hard drive (using a modern PC, having no issue with BIOS or operating system support of disks/partitions larger than 2TB). The Seagate external drive currently has over 4TB free, yet Studio 12 reports only 430GB...

My guess is that Studio 12's calculation of free space coiuld be using 32-bit arithmetic and the calculation simply "overflows" for disks/partitions larger than 2TB.

So, you may not get any "sense" out of Studio 12 until there is less than 2TB free space. If taking up Ramon's suggestion of partioning the disk into two simple volumes, my suggestion would be to use a tool such as Acronis Disk Director, Partition Magic, the GParted tool on a Linux "live CD", etc. that can resize the existing partition non-destructively and allow you to create a new partition in the free space.

HTH
    Richard

•  05-02-2017, 15:24 736811 in reply to 736791

In the end i had a nice 2 slot HDD/SSD bay for my Thermaltake Core V71 , all it's screws (HDD screw-less tools too with antivibration) and decided to pop in the old HDD. It seems PS18 affected the WMV output to PS12.. So i've found a dedicated registry tool from the net to remove specific PS versions and did it with PS12 after a nice uninstall.. Now everything works like before

Thanks for the help anyways. Though 71h for a formatted NTFS 1TB HDD is like.. "could be more".

Still, they could've made a PS12 64bits and save some dramas with the HDDs...

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy