Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Capturing 8mm tape from camcorder

Last post 03-01-2017, 7:26 by jjn. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-28-2017, 14:13 732537

Capturing 8mm tape from camcorder

Hi,

I am new to this forum-  and am very frustrated, so I hope some kind soul out there can help!

I have several old 8mm tapes I wish to capture onto my PC (running Windows 10).  Years ago I was using the Dazzle 80 DVC with studio software. I understand this doesn't work with todays Windows 10. I still have my old Canon camcorder with which I can play my tapes, but I am totally stuck as to how to transfer the tapes onto my PC. Without going out and spending more money on another dazzle, is there any way this can be done please?

Thank you in advance! 

•  02-28-2017, 17:45 732546 in reply to 732537

Re:Capturing 8mm tape from camcorder

Hi and welcome to this forum.

Without buying another capture device I don't see any other solution.

•  02-28-2017, 23:19 732563 in reply to 732537

Re: Capturing 8mm tape from camcorder

littlepipit:

Hi,

I am new to this forum-  and am very frustrated, so I hope some kind soul out there can help!

I have several old 8mm tapes I wish to capture onto my PC (running Windows 10).  Years ago I was using the Dazzle 80 DVC with studio software. I understand this doesn't work with todays Windows 10. I still have my old Canon camcorder with which I can play my tapes, but I am totally stuck as to how to transfer the tapes onto my PC. Without going out and spending more money on another dazzle, is there any way this can be done please?

Thank you in advance! 

The only option you have is to buy a DVD Recorder. 

or

If you still have your old computer with Pinnacle Studio XX, you can capture your videos there and edit them in your Windows 10 computer. (You will need to move your videos into an external hard drive from old computer to new computer). 

•  03-01-2017, 7:26 732567 in reply to 732563

Re: Capturing 8mm tape from camcorder

A fourth option - get the tapes captured for you by one of the many services that can do that - transferred to a file or a DVD.

You may, however, find it cheaper to buy a new capture device - possibly second-hand of ebay.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy