Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Time/Date in project

Last post 11-04-2016, 17:20 by saby. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-03-2016, 10:14 724282

Time/Date in project

Have been using Pinnacle since version 8 with several Camcorders.

My First Camcorder would burn-in a date/time view in the video for few seconds when date had changed or I forced it. I liked that – next Camcorder usind Digital DV – the time for recording is stored in the .AVI file – and in Pinnacle I could copy/paste the date/time to a title on my timeline.

Now with latest camcorder the .m2ts files has the date/time stored in filename – and I need to pick time from there.

It is timeconsuming process to copy/paste date/time info into my projects.

It would be great with an App that could automate this. Read time info from either DV-avi file, filename, Exif data in a photo – and put the info in a text-field on timeline that I can then edit. I mean move/change the text or maybe add info like “Soccer match against ….”- “Xmas party with ….” And so on.

A “hotkey-Dateinfo” function that will put this in a spot on the timeline. Im not looking to burn this into the source video file – I want it to be editable in Pinnacle. Hope you understand this.

Can I make this kind of thin myself – or does anybody develop apps to Pinnacle ?

Thanks for input

•  11-03-2016, 17:12 724320 in reply to 724282

Re:Time/Date in project

Cee5:

Now with latest camcorder the .m2ts files has the date/time stored in filename – and I need to pick time from there.

It is timeconsuming process to copy/paste date/time info into my projects.

It would be great with an App that could automate this. Read time info from either DV-avi file, filename, Exif data in a photo – and put the info in a text-field on timeline that I can then edit. I mean move/change the text or maybe add info like “Soccer match against ….”- “Xmas party with ….” And so on.

A “hotkey-Dateinfo” function that will put this in a spot on the timeline. Im not looking to burn this into the source video file – I want it to be editable in Pinnacle. Hope you understand this.

Can I make this kind of thin myself – or does anybody develop apps to Pinnacle ?

AFAIK, these metadatas (datecode and timecode) are no longer present in the .m2ts file. So how could you extract them ?

•  11-03-2016, 20:12 724354 in reply to 724320

Re: Re:Time/Date in project

On the 3 camcorders I have used so far the filename is the date/time for recording start time.

Alternative it could be picked up from there or from the file date-time-modified attribute.

Ce5 

•  11-03-2016, 21:09 724363 in reply to 724354

Which brand ?

On Sony camcorders, the files on the SD card are named xxxxx.mts with xxxxx being digits increasing with each new file. If you use Play Memories Home from Sony to import the files in the PC, they are renamed with date/time of recording.

It's the same with Canon and Panasonic cameras.

•  11-04-2016, 10:03 724400 in reply to 724363

I have been using PlayMemory when importing from different Sony Camcorders - and I get the date/time then in the filename on all .mts files that way.

In other cases - i.e. from my GoPro - when using .mp4 the timestamp is embedded - but I have been using the filesystem date-time-modified to change filenames into so I have the info there.

From iPhones I let OneDrive upload the videos and pics and take them from there - I then have the timestamp in the filename however they need to be shifted 2 hours for some reason.

With this naming convention for the files I'm able to mix clips from the different sources and easily insert them into the S14 timeline and edit from there.

Adding the date/time in a title clip on the timeline is done manually - this is what I'm looking to automate.

Last time I looked up on this (years ago) someone directed me to an application that will burn-in a timestamp in the videofile. This is not what I'm looking for. I'd like the possibility to insert the date/time quickly and maybe add more text for a description etc.

Thanks

Ce5 

•  11-04-2016, 17:20 724427 in reply to 724400

This application doesn't exist, I'm afraid.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy