Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Dazzle DVD Recorder HD - Import Window

Last post 06-22-2016, 20:34 by saby. 15 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-01-2016, 19:37 713188

Dazzle DVD Recorder HD - Import Window

I have just purchased one of these devices to replace my DVC 90 which has nothing wrong with it other than Pinnacle do not provide any 64 bit Windows 10 drivers. In comparing the new device with what I am used to, I have the following questions to which I would be pleased if anybody could give me answers.

1.  When I am in Import mode, and go to Pinnacle Capture Device Settings there is no setting for PAL, NTSC or SECAM so how do I tell the capture device to work in PAL?  The link provided from within Import to the YouTube video says to simply select it from a list at the bottom according to my region.
    2.  Under MODE settings on the right, there is no choice of AVI (or DV), MPEG, or CUSTOM so how do I get the best quality for capture? Again, the link provided to the video says it is selectable.
    3.  The Pinnacle website says clearly that is it compatible with Windows 10 but the box only mentions Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 so have I bought the right product?
    4.  I stumbled on a Pinnacle website that said if using Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle in Windows 10 then a patch 1.0.2.exe should be applied but it does not say what this patch does - so what is it for please? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

NOTE - this problem is finally solved, so if anybody else has it then please read on through this thread!
  •  06-01-2016, 20:36 713196 in reply to 713188

Re:Dazzle DVD Recorder HD - Import Window

A fix for PAL/NTSC/SECAM unselectable has been released by Pinnacle.

Download this file : http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/SECAM/PSD.zip

Unzip it.

Replace "X_ImportComponents.dll" in "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio for Dazzle\programs"

Replace all dll in "PCLE.Capture" folder to "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio for Dazzle\programs\PCLE.Capture"

•  06-01-2016, 21:07 713201 in reply to 713196

Re:Dazzle DVD Recorder HD - Import Window

With Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle, capture is always done using mpeg2. You have no other choice.

The 1.0.2 pacth resolves some issues with Win10 in certain conditions. I suggest you apply it. It's here : http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/Release/PSD/PinnacleStudio_Patch_1.0.2.exe

•  06-02-2016, 13:14 713235 in reply to 713196

Re: Re:Dazzle DVD Recorder HD - Import Window

saby:

A fix for PAL/NTSC/SECAM unselectable has been released by Pinnacle.

Download this file : http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/SECAM/PSD.zip

Unzip it.

Replace "X_ImportComponents.dll" in "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio for Dazzle\programs"

Replace all dll in "PCLE.Capture" folder to "C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio for Dazzle\programs\PCLE.Capture"

Thank you saby, I copied every instruction carefully and the result is that Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle stops working during the start flash screen, so I have put it back as it was.

Since reading your advice, I found a website which suggests that the unit automatically switches between PAL and NTSC (it doesn't mention SECAM which I guess is your main interest) when it detects video input.  I must say that it did seem to capture my PAL video when asked to, so maybe I will have to leave it at that. 

•  06-02-2016, 13:20 713238 in reply to 713201

saby:

With Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle, capture is always done using mpeg2. You have no other choice.

The 1.0.2 pacth resolves some issues with Win10 in certain conditions. I suggest you apply it. It's here : http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/Release/PSD/PinnacleStudio_Patch_1.0.2.exe

Ah thank you - another example of Pinnacle taking a step backwards, DVC90 gave me the choice.  I always have used avi files for editing to avoid the potential problems of the Group of Pictures system when eliminating single frames (at least I understood this is the best reason for using avi).  It should not make much difference to the resultant video quality, since the source can only be VHS or S-VHS at best.  I will be using the S-Video connector to get the best I can.

I will apply the 1.0.2 patch as you suggest. 

•  06-02-2016, 20:29 713279 in reply to 713235

gedall40:

Thank you saby, I copied every instruction carefully and the result is that Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle stops working during the start flash screen, so I have put it back as it was.

Pay attention that only some dll into PCLE.Capture are replaced, not all.

gedall40:

Since reading your advice, I found a website which suggests that the unit automatically switches between PAL and NTSC (it doesn't mention SECAM which I guess is your main interest) when it detects video input. 

The hardware does not switch. It's meaningless, in fact. It's a software matter.

•  06-02-2016, 20:33 713280 in reply to 713238

gedall40:

Ah thank you - another example of Pinnacle taking a step backwards, DVC90 gave me the choice.

Once again, it's a software matter, not hardware. If your DVC90 was used by Pinncle Studio for Dazzle, AVI would not be available too.

gedall40:

I always have used avi files for editing to avoid the potential problems of the Group of Pictures system when eliminating single frames (at least I understood this is the best reason for using avi). 

GOP is a characteristic of certain video codecs, not video containers. For example, a video stream in an AVI file using DivX or Xvid codec uses a GOP structure.

•  06-18-2016, 12:57 714155 in reply to 713280

Thank you for your answers, Saby, and sorry for not getting back to you sooner.  But in fact I have been having problems and I am now in need of help.

I tried making the changes again which you suggested above and in the process I have somehow broken Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle.  It boots up OK but when I click on the Import tab absolutely nothing happens.  It used to show my webcam and other DVD sources for importing when the Dazzle unit was not plugged in, and then when I plugged it in the Dazzle Capture Device would appear on the list.  I know I was not able to get your changes working to be able to select PAL, but now I think that as the Timeline in PS for D defaults to PAL, it assumes that will be the format when I use Import for video tapes, because I have in the past been able to capture PAL video without being able to select it, and my JVC VHS recorder says in the handbook that it outputs in PAL format.  Here are the fixes which I have tried so far without success:

- uninstalled and re-installed Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle

- uninstalled and re-installed Pinnacle Studio 15 Ultimate and PS for D 

- uninstalled PS 15 and PS for D, run Regdelete (which I got off your website which says it is suitable for PS15) and re-installed PS 15 and PS for D

- run chksdk on the C drive where everything is installed

I cannot think of anything new to try and would be most grateful if you could offer any suggestions for me to follow.  PS 15 Import tab works fine, but as mentioned above it does not find the Dazzle Recorder even though there are no exclamation marks in Device Manager, so I must have the Import tab working in PS for D because that was the only way I could capture my VHS tapes. If I cannot get this fixed it will have been pointless buying a new Dazzle unit!

Thank you very much for anything you can suggest to get the Import tab working again in PS for D.  

Just had a thought - do you know if Studio 19 will capture and Import directly from the Dazzle DVD Recorder HD?  If so then I don't mind upgrading to it and ditching PS for Dazzle if it solves the problem.

•  06-19-2016, 15:49 714224 in reply to 714155

When you uninstall, make sure that nothing is left in C:\Program Files\Pinnacle\Studio for Dazzle\programs.
  •  06-20-2016, 15:50 714298 in reply to 714224

Thank you for the suggestion, but I am afraid it does not work.  Here is the detail of what I have done.  I started with Studio 15 not present on the laptop.

• Using Programs and Features from Control Panel I uninstalled Corel VHS3X64
    • I uninstalled Dazzle Video Capture DVC100 X64 Driver 1.07
    • I uninstalled Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle
    • I uninstalled Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle - Install Manager
    • Restarted laptop
    • Deleted c:/Program Files (x86)/Pinnacle
    • Deleted c:/Program Data/Pinnacle
    • Ran regdelete14.exe and ticked the box to include deleting all video capture devices
    I then installed Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle and the fix for Windows 10 and the Import Tab still does nothing, although the first time the blue wheel appeared for a few seconds.  I was hopeful because this time in the sequence of re-installing I was asked to input my 25 character Serial Number, which I have only been asked once before and that was on first installation.
    I then applied the fix that you gave me a while back for being able to select from NTSC-PAL-SECAM just in case that helped but it did nothing to bring up the Import Window.

Do you have anything else I can try, please? 

Can I use the Import tab in Studio 19 to import from the Dazzle DVC Recorder HD?  When I first had my DVC 90 I did not install the cut-down version of Studio that came with it because I found that my then current version of Studio allowed me to import directly from it, and so I could use all the extended features. Since then, upgrades to Studio (see my signature) have always allowed me to do this, up to the point when I changed my laptop to 64 bit Windows 7.  I continued to use my desktop PC which was XP, then upgraded to Windows 7, for video capture from the DVC 90, but that too has now been replaced by a 64 bit Windows 10, thus rendering my DVC 90 unusable.  If I can use the DVC Recorder HD with Studio 19 then I am happy to buy an upgrade version, even though I do not need all the 4K editing features.

Thank you for your help. 
  •  06-20-2016, 20:20 714329 in reply to 714298

gedall40:

Do you have anything else I can try, please? 

Unfortunately, no.

gedall40:

Can I use the Import tab in Studio 19 to import from the Dazzle DVC Recorder HD? 

Yes, but the same kind of files replacement must be achieved with PS19 to get NTSC-PAL-SECAM selectable. Do you want a link to download the replacement files ?

•  06-21-2016, 16:16 714392 in reply to 714329

OK thank you for trying.  Perhaps there is a corrupt shared dll file and only a re-install of Windows 10 will fix it.  I have referred the issue to the Corel support desk.

Thank you for confirming that PS19 might help, I will wait and see before spending more money with Pinnacle.  You did give me a link above (http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/SECAM/PSD.zip) so if it is the same PSD.zip file then I already have it downloaded thank you. 

•  06-21-2016, 20:07 714405 in reply to 714392

No, the files are different for PS19.

For PS19 it's here : http://cdn.pinnaclesys.com/SupportFiles/SECAM/PS19.zip

•  06-21-2016, 21:51 714414 in reply to 714405

Ah that is worth knowing!  Now I see that the other zip file is PSD = Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle.  Thank you I have downloaded it just in case I need it.
  •  06-22-2016, 10:55 714431 in reply to 714414

I have finally managed to fix the problem! Big Smile

I did a complete uninstall (yet again) as described several posts above, but this time I found a Pinnacle folder still left in the folder C:/Users/xxnamexx/AppData/Local.  On looking inside it I did not find anything relevant to my stored projects, but there were some folders with the title Import in them, so I deleted the whole of this Pinnacle folder. 

On re-installing PSD I can now open the Import window, and the Dazzle DVD Recorder HD is recognised.  What is interesting is that it has also defaulted to the PAL setting which I require, so I have not had any need to install the fix as kindly supplied by Saby, since I have no need to capture from NTSC or SECAM formatted video.

What a relief - I can now get on with my normal life again!  My grateful thanks to Saby for trying hard to help me - the Corel support desk were no help at all and did not appear to read all of the email which I sent them. 

•  06-22-2016, 20:34 714453 in reply to 714431

Happy ending.

Yes 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy