Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Problem: Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device

Last post 01-24-2021, 17:17 by jjn. 6 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-16-2016, 1:15 708099

Problem: Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device

Problem:

Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device

I am using the Dazzle* DVD Recorder HD Analog to Digital converter. It is working with Windows 10 Pro 32 Bit OS and Pinnacle Studio 19 Ultimate with no problems. When I connect it to Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit OS and open Studio 18 Ultimate and start import it shows no device found. I check the Control Panel and Audio Device and it list, Line (Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device). I installed the program (Pinnacle Studio "for Dazzle") that came with the converter and I get the same as with PS 18 Ultimate.

I checked the device manager in Win 10 and it list Under Audio Input and outputs: Line (Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device). Under Sound, video and game controllers it is listed 2 times; Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device & Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device. When I check the properties on each of the listing it says working properly.

I checked the device manager in Windows 8.1. Under Audio Input and outputs: and

under Sound, video and game controllers: its listed only once and when I check the properties it states this device is working property. But its listed under Other Devices: Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device and when I check properties it states The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device. When I run update drivers I get the following Windows was unable to install you Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device.

I have deleted the entries from device manager and rebooted, I get the same entries as before.

Solved:

My problem has been solved.

When I installed PS19 in Windows 10 it must have installed drivers for the Dazzle Video Capture, because it worked just fine. I don't understand why PS18 did not install the drivers when it was installed in Windows 8.1. When PS18 did not find the Dazzle Video Capture Device, I installed Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle. This should have installed the drivers for the Video Capture Device, but for some reason it did not and did not find the Video Capture Device.

It is listed under Sounds. It was listed 2 times as Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device. I right clicked on the 1st listing and it listed no driver installed for this device. I put the Dazzle DVD in the DVD reader and right clicked the 1st listing "Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device "Clicked installed drivers with no success. I then went to the Dazzle DVD and Clicked on Drivers, X64 (Dazzle Video Capture DVC100 X64 Driver 1.07), Then setup. The drivers were not installed when I check in device manager. I then right click the 1st listing "Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device" and selected search my computer and selected C:\drive. After it finished I checked Device Manage and it said the driver were installed and This device is working properly. I was able to copy a 1 hr 50 minute VHS Home Movie Made In 1992 with only 5 drop frames. The 64 bit system is faster and better for Video capture. Windows 10 is a 32 Bit System.

Maybe this will help someone else who has the same problem.

•  03-16-2016, 6:33 708102 in reply to 708099

Re:Problem: Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device

Clockman:

Maybe this will help someone else who has the same problem.

Thanks for sharing the info.

Yes 

•  01-09-2021, 16:53 810537 in reply to 708099

Re: Problem: Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio Device

Hello

I got the Dazzle DVD Recorder HD Capture device. when I connect my camcorder with white and yellow cable to the dazzle device, And I go to Pinnacle Studio for Import, capture Video , then I only get Integrated Webcam as an option. I don't see my  camcorder. What could be the issue. Mine is Win 7 PC and the device manager shows Dazzle Video Capture USB Audio and Video devices are installed and working properly.

What could be the problem.

Thanks

•  01-09-2021, 18:53 810542 in reply to 810537

What are the driver details in device manager?
  •  01-10-2021, 3:41 810554 in reply to 810542

I can only talk about Windows 10, but currently the "new" Dazzle only works correctly with the updated Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle software on the Pinnacle download page (and even then has audio issues). It can't be recognised by PS23 or 24.
  •  01-24-2021, 14:12 811073 in reply to 810542

Thank you Gentlemen. I was following the instructions from their tech support and was looking into the wrong tab. (Capture Video). When I connect the Dazzle device then a new tab gets added called Roxio Video Capture USB.

And I can see the video under Composite Video option. Now the problem is there is a lot of Flickering/shaking of video that the Dazzle device is adds even when the original video is clear.

Also when I am not doing any capture, there is a humming,buzzing noise coming from my speaker when this Dazzle device is connected. How to get rid of this noise ?

And Is there some setting to reduce this flickering/shaking that get added in the download mpeg file.

Regards 

•  01-24-2021, 17:17 811081 in reply to 811073

Have you downloaded and installed the new version of DVD Recorder software from HERE - https://www.pinnaclesys.com/en/landing/download/?

That should solve the dropped fro=ames issues (but not the audio distortion).

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy