Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

ScoreFitter install issue with 19 ultimate and Windows 10.

Last post 11-26-2015, 20:24 by saby. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-26-2015, 6:03 695595

ScoreFitter install issue with 19 ultimate and Windows 10.

I have been using various versions of Studio since v4. It has always been feature rich and always been buggy. When 17.6 stopped running after I installed Windows 10 I figured it was time to go 64 bit anyway, so upgraded to 19 Ultimate. It runs okay but my ScoreFitter music (vol 3) will not install. Says " no compatible version of Studio is running" on my machine. But Volumes 1 & 2 come with Studio and run just fine. I even bought a new copy of Vol 3 but it still won't install. Pinnacle Tech support guy, Tristan had nothing more to offer than doing a clean install, which I did (twice.). Problem persists and I can't even contact them via their web site to return the second copy. The web site has a "returns" section, but it won't work either. I have not been successful googling a corporate number for the company to complain. Haven't heard from Tristan for a couple of days. There are some good things about this software but dealing with the company remains AWFUL, no matter who buys it.

Hardware is a Dell XPS 1500. Gen 4 i-7 processor, nvidia graphics card, 12 gig rom, 2 terabytes ram.  

Has anyone had similar problems and if so, have the been resolved. 

•  11-26-2015, 6:34 695596 in reply to 695595

Re:ScoreFitter install issue with 19 ultimate and Windows 10.

A fix was released yesterday. Check this out.

If you still have problems returning your 2nd copy of Scorefitter Vol3, ring my bell.

•  11-26-2015, 19:58 695656 in reply to 695596

Re: Re:ScoreFitter install issue with 19 ultimate and Windows 10.

Thanks. I found this on my own this morning and was also sent the link by a Gogle+ User Group member. The patch worked as it should. 

Nonetheless, this problem has apparently bee around  since v 18. It's annoying the Tristan didn't mention it and instead, had me run through uninstalls/reinstalls. All he had to say was, "We are aware of the issue, are working on it and will notify as soon as a patch is available."  

I believe I have now also been successful in processing the return. If not, please be aware that I'm trying to return order #  10858554838. Serial # is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The disk I already own is serial #  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for your prompt response. Everything seems to be running well now and I have always liked the program.But getting this very minor problem straightened out took many unnecessary hours. For that reason, I would not recommend this software to casual users.

Edited by saby

•  11-26-2015, 20:24 695657 in reply to 695656

Re: Re:ScoreFitter install issue with 19 ultimate and Windows 10.

Making public your serials is not a good idea.  Wink
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy