Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle and Windows 10

Last post 11-08-2015, 16:10 by wescampbell. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-30-2015, 0:54 692904

Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle and Windows 10

I've loaded the newest Studio for Dazzle software, and I can't get the MPEG 4 to come up in the Export configuration. I've used Dazzle through many versions (I'm a School teacher and they give us most of our Multimedia on VHS tape, so I transfer it over) the older versions would "unlock" the MPEG 4 when you registered. This new version won't activate the MPEG, it won't even show up in the drop down. I've completely wiped out the machine 4 times, including cleaning everything from the registry, shutting down antivirus, and reloading.... no success. I hope someone has had this problem and found a cure (Smile). I'm running Widows 10 on a i7 Dell computer with 12 gigs of memory, runs Photoshop and Premier like lightning. Thanks in Advance for any help.
  •  10-31-2015, 17:45 693064 in reply to 692904

Re:Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle and Windows 10

I respectfully disagree with you. There has never been any mpeg4 export option, even after registration, in PSD. Only AVI, Mpeg1, Mpeg2, Audio, still picture and WMV.
  •  10-31-2015, 20:27 693092 in reply to 693064

Re: Re:Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle and Windows 10

Oh...that's OK.....I'm not going to debate the point with you, I have an older copy running with that option available, and the tech support people concur about it. Even in the advertisements they show the MPEG 4 option in the drop down. This is actually the activation for my older copy...... They are now actually offering Flash and other formats.

MPEG-4/DivX
        LAFSC-JAAAA-AGLTA-UNVCS-RUKRY

Once the Activation Keys are entered, the Premium content or features you previously purchased will be reactivated.

Thank you.

Corel Corporation

Studio for Dazzle can create movie files in all of these formats:

3GP

Audio only

AVCHD/Blu-Ray

AVI

DivX

DivX Plus HD

Flash Video

Image Sequence

MOV

MPEG-1

MPEG-2

MPEG-4

Real Media

Windows Media

•  10-31-2015, 20:45 693095 in reply to 693092

I think we are not talking about the same thing.

"Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle" is a very, very features-limited version of Pinnacle Studio 16 bundled with some Dazzle devices (read my review here). In this highly disabled version, no activation keys available and only a few export formats available (read my list).

What do you see if you click on "About" in the Help menu of your software ? I'm sure you will find Studio 14 or Studio 15.

•  10-31-2015, 22:25 693100 in reply to 693095

That's quite obvious (Smile). Honestly, I was impressed with what the software would do right out of the Dazzle Box. You would be correct by saying the editing options were limited, but getting the projects in or out have never been a problem.

Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle version 1.0.1.207

I hate to rain on your parade, but the list of export options I included in my posting was clipped out of the user manual included with the software.

•  11-05-2015, 1:56 693396 in reply to 693100

OK.....I finally got to the bottom of it!      Corel took the upgrade out of Dazzle.......it now only has a couple of export options. The cute thing is, they owned up to the fact that the user manual said it had multiple export options including MPEG 4, but it was a misprint...... and they took no responsibility for it. If my organization had done that, they would have hung us by the "Short Hairs"! OMG....the Customer Support with Corel is a nightmare, be thankful there's places like this, forums, etc., that you can get help from! To put it in a nutshell, I was very disappointed, that chapped me a little and I was probably a little short tempered..... thanks to everyone for listening to me rant......I'll do the same for you (Smile).
  •  11-05-2015, 20:10 693456 in reply to 693396

In fact, they never created a user manual for Pinnacle Studio for Dazzle. The manual is the one of Pinnacle Studio 16.
  •  11-08-2015, 16:10 693777 in reply to 693456

Smile......... OK.....
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy