Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Audio track repeats

Last post 08-07-2015, 13:34 by colour. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-03-2015, 22:55 683830

Audio track repeats

I am using Studio 15. Whenever I burn a disc, for some reason it has started to repeat the audio from the previous track.

In other words, when I play back the DVD, the audio track from chapter 1 repeats for chapters 2, 3, and 4. Why is it doing this, and how can I get it to burn a clean copy? The preview track works just fine in edit mode, but the disc comes out differently. 

•  08-04-2015, 5:25 683838 in reply to 683830

Re:Audio track repeats

Before exporting, try deleting auxiliary files.
  •  08-04-2015, 13:39 683858 in reply to 683838

Re: Re:Audio track repeats

Hi,

I attempted to delete auxiliary files before exporting, but the same problem keeps popping up. Every chapter plays the same audio track from chapter 1. I have even tried to delete the chapters, and play it straight through, but the same thing keeps happening. What can I do?

•  08-04-2015, 16:56 683869 in reply to 683858

What if you check out the DVD image created by Studio without burning it ?
  •  08-04-2015, 17:11 683873 in reply to 683838

saby:
    Before exporting, try deleting auxiliary files.

.................and - Delete the Hidden Render Folder. How to do that: HERE

DVD Authoring isn't my forte. However Hidden Render Folder Copies all Source Material used in a Project, including Audio. Plus additional Auxilliary Files

If you've created a DVD, you've probably got a Disk Image. Can't remember if Disk Images include Menus. Check Disk Image for Playback. Create new DVD from Disk Image. Local Disk (c:) / Documents / Pinnacle Studio / My Disk Images.

The above are just pointers for you to try. Not necessarily  a solution.

Back to Saby. .

•  08-04-2015, 17:20 683874 in reply to 683873

Peter, the path you give for "hidden" render folder is the default path of PS15's (and prior) auxiliary files.

Why do you call it "hidden" render folder ? 

•  08-05-2015, 13:13 683923 in reply to 683874

Attachment: Untitled.jpg
    saby:

Peter, the path you give for "hidden" render folder is the default path of PS15's (and prior) auxiliary files.

Program Data is a hidden  W7 OS Folder, here. Therefore the Render Folder is hidden, Saby

I have my Program Data Folder Unhidden in Screenshot, that shows as  a feint Yellow Folder. If I were to Hide it again, Folder would disappear..

Studio has 2 Render Folders. 1 Unhidden & 1 Hidden. IMO, you can select the Directory where the you want the Unhidden Folder to go, but not the Hidden

Studio File / Delete Aux Files only Deletes those Aux Files in the Unhidden Render Folder. Not the Hidden.

Screenshot: 

•  08-05-2015, 16:26 683936 in reply to 683923

colour:
    saby:

Studio has 2 Render Folders. 1 Unhidden & 1 Hidden.

That's where you lose me. Would you give details on their difference ? To me, there is only one render folder and one might consider it hidden or unhidden depending on Windows explorer option.

•  08-06-2015, 16:58 684023 in reply to 683936

Attachment: Unhidden.jpg
    saby:
    colour:
    saby:

Studio has 2 Render Folders. 1 Unhidden & 1 Hidden.

That's where you lose me. Would you give details on their difference ? To me, there is only one render folder and one might consider it hidden or unhidden depending on Windows explorer option.

UNHIDDEN.  See Screeenshot 1 File Path

•  08-06-2015, 17:03 684024 in reply to 684023

Attachment: Hidden.jpg

HIDDEN. Svcreenshot 2. Render Folder doesn't show, because it's automatically Deleted by my File clean-up Program.

•  08-06-2015, 17:25 684027 in reply to 684024

A library is not a location. It's just a list of "things". In your 1st screenshot if you right-click a folder and select "open file loaction", what do you have ?

•  08-07-2015, 13:34 684072 in reply to 684027

saby:

A library is not a location. It's just a list of "things". In your 1st screenshot if you right-click a folder and select "open file loaction", what do you have ?

The same File Path (Location), Saby. Wink

It's academic, anyway.  My Hidden Folder Deletion Tut, goes back to XP, that didn't have a Hidden Program Data Folder, which was introduced with Vista (Which I didn't have).

XP had Location; My Documents Folder, Vista/W7; Documents (Libraries, if you like, introduced with Vista).

File/Delete STX Files  doesn't delete all of them. The remainder are in the Hidden Render Folder. Plus copies of all source material used in a Project, by Project. Includes Video, Images, Background Music , Voice-overs etc. You wouldn't notice the build-up with a large OS (C:) Drive. You would with a small. 54GB is the record so-far. That user with XP was in danger of being unable to Defragment his HDD & would have had to Reformat it, Losing all Data.

The advice given with XP & smaller HDDs, was always to Delete Aux Files & then Hidden Render Folder, before each Edit..

I can't remember if you ever had Studio Legacy & were a Liquid User, bur Legacy Users were constantly complaining that File/Delete Aux Files didn't automatically delete all of them. Pinnacle never fixed it. Undeleted Aux Files from previous Projects, habitually screwed-up Editing & Rendering in subsequent Projects. Aux (Helper Files) were introduced with S10's new Project File Format. Previous Versions didn't have them. 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy