Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

System lock up using BOB

Last post 04-17-2015, 0:26 by VE7AXO. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-08-2015, 0:20 671593

System lock up using BOB

I have a Toshiba Satellite P300 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 Intel Mobile Core 2 T8100 2.1Ghz with 3g's of ram.

I have reinstalled the OS from the recovery discs and downloaded SP3.

I have reinstalled L7.2 with the BOB connected and the installation was successful.

When I open Liquid and try to open EZ capture or the logging tool the system freezes and I have to force a shutdown of the computer.

I have the software installed on a PC and everything functions as it was designed.

Also when I connect the USB-700 capture box EZ capture opens but I get the dreaded green screen.

Any help appreciated.

•  04-17-2015, 0:26 672532 in reply to 671593

Re: System lock up using BOB

Is your Windows OS a 32 bit or a 64 bit version?  The BOB drivers are only 32 bit and there are no patches or updates to those drivers.  If you can't get your BOB working, one possible workaround is to get an older DV camera on e-Bay and use its pass-through to capture 8mm or Hi8 tapes through Firewire.

The USB-700 problem may indicate that there is something else going on.  Solving that problem may help your BOB problem as well.  I don't have the USB-700 so can't comment on any specifics, but it sounds as if there is a conflict of some kind.  Did you just reinstall the software, or did you make a hardware change in your computer as well?

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy