Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Buying New PC, Needs for Studio 12

Last post 11-20-2014, 9:52 by colour. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-19-2014, 21:06 654361

Buying New PC, Needs for Studio 12

It's time to upgrade my 5 yr. old PC and I need some advice. I use Studio 12 plus. I don't anticipate upgrading to any other versions of Studio... 12+ works fine and it has all the features I need. Since I've began shooting HD with both my camcorder and I-Phone, my current computer can't handle it. After preliminary research, it seems that most new PC's in my price range ($250-$550) have similar memory, HD size, and operating systems. The differences are in processors and graphics capabilities - both subjects I don't know much about. Can the low end models handle basic HD editing with Studio 12? What will the higher end models give me that the low end's don't? What minimum specs should I look for, and what's too much? Thanks for any suggestions!
  •  11-19-2014, 21:38 654364 in reply to 654361

Re: Buying New PC, Needs for Studio 12

Attachment: 132765-17.jpg

Here are some pictures of the minimal specs for your computer:

•  11-19-2014, 21:40 654365 in reply to 654364

Attachment: 132765-16.jpg

here is the first picture I could not post In the previous one.

•  11-20-2014, 9:52 654399 in reply to 654361

steveromo:
    It's time to upgrade my 5 yr. old PC and I need some advice. I use Studio 12 plus. I don't anticipate upgrading to any other versions of Studio... 12+ works fine and it has all the features I need. Since I've began shooting HD with both my camcorder and I-Phone, my current computer can't handle it. After preliminary research, it seems that most new PC's in my price range ($250-$550) have similar memory, HD size, and operating systems. The differences are in processors and graphics capabilities - both subjects I don't know much about. Can the low end models handle basic HD editing with Studio 12? What will the higher end models give me that the low end's don't? What minimum specs should I look for, and what's too much? Thanks for any suggestions!

Read Ramon Vera's Posts above first.

1) S12 was Developed for Windows XP, although it functions perfectly with Windows 7 but might not with Windows 8.1, or even Install on W8.1. A previous Thread refers.

2) I think W7 is supported until 2020. In "theory" you "Should" be able to get a W7 PC.

3) A Discrete Video Card with 1GB Dedicated VRAM is all you need for S12. Earlier Studio Versions don't function well with more than 1GB, if at all. ATI/AMD Video Card would be preferable to nVidia, IMO. 

4) S12 ok for Capturing HDV Cam HD, but will struggle (Together with PC) with AVCHD. Don't know about iPhone. Forum Moderator jjn is an Expert re: that.

4) 2 X 500GB Internal HDDs (1 for Programs & 1 for Video Capture) & 1 x 500GB External HDD for Backups, should suffice.

5) An Intel i7 3.2GHz Quad Core CPU would be more than sufficient. 

Anyone-else?

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy