Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Registering a new ChromeXE... how much longer ???

Last post 08-02-2014, 14:47 by TVJohn. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-11-2014, 2:54 636780

Registering a new ChromeXE... how much longer ???

Hi folks,

I presently use FCP7 and soon changing to Premier CC...   that's what my employer provides.

I'm an absolute Liquid lover, but have not used it for a few years, had the PRO box. . I have bought a HP XW8400 and soon plan to install ChromeXE with the Xena board of course, just for home use. I've got a bit of SDI gear.  

I was working at Sony when ES-3 was first launched. This was a cut down FAST 601. Later at Sony I instigated selling Liquid Purple for news use. Was also a Beta tester for a few years. 

True background rendering and return to same point after power loss or crash, have to be still the benefits of Liquid over the other packages.  Also mouse trimming between the source and main window, so simple.  

Question is how much longer will I be able to register a new install of Liquid? 

Thanks greatly in advance, Dave.   

•  07-13-2014, 8:15 636902 in reply to 636780

Re: Registering a new ChromeXE... how much longer ???

I do not know if anyone (left) here can venture an answer to that question..
  •  07-15-2014, 11:05 637080 in reply to 636902

I just yesterday installed a complete Avid Liquid 7.2 system with Title Deko onto a new windows 7 workstation....All the regristation pages worked and were there for me to use...so I would assume that ChromeXE pages are still up and running.  
  •  07-17-2014, 6:26 637242 in reply to 637080

Many thanks for your replies John and Jay.  Jay rapt to see your facility really flies with Liquid, viewed some of your ads, top stuff!!!   I'm now learning Premier which has new features recently released that Liquid had 10 years ago. 

My XW8400 has a memory fault so I must get that fixed first before I can install Chrome. I've actually got 2 brand new ChromeXE packs.  I tell the guys at work how good Liquid is... they're keen to see it. 

I used to have Liquid on a Sony VAIO laptop, but that unit got stolen. I've now got a fairly boring Toshiba laptop with Win 7 and no firewire port, so have not tried a Liquid install.

Hope that registration site stays around for a long time.   

Will say in touch....     thanks again from the top pf Australia, Darwin.     Dave.  

•  07-20-2014, 19:30 637538 in reply to 637080

JMSVIDEOPRODUCTIONS:
    I just yesterday installed a complete Avid Liquid 7.2 system with Title Deko onto a new windows 7 workstation....All the regristation pages worked and were there for me to use....  

I lost my Liquid installation when my quad-core Win XP computer had to be rebuilt, but I do have all the downloads (Liquid 7.2, TitleDeko Pro, etc.) saved on a NAS drive, so re-installing it should not be a problem.

My question is about registration/activation.  Are there any pitfalls, searching for registration pages, etc. that I should be aware of before doing the installation (e.g. does Liquid find the registration pages on its own or do I have find them and do the registration manually)?  Any tips based on your experience would be appreciated.

•  07-28-2014, 9:47 638002 in reply to 637538

G'day Igor,

I think this is the link to register your software. http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSite/au/Register/PinnacleProducts/

You'll see that you need to have an account registered to get in, but you probably have this, having had to do it earlier. Once logged in it then asks for your serial number which is in the Help menu of your Liquid software. Once this is entered you'll get an Activation number which unlocks the software, so no demo mode.

I wish I could be doing this now myself, but I reckon I'm at least 6 months away. Just hope Avid keeps this service active for many years to come.   

All the best, Dave.   

•  08-02-2014, 10:16 638382 in reply to 638002

Thanks for the information, Dave.  I will proceed with "confidence" now!
  •  08-02-2014, 14:47 638396 in reply to 638382

Good info...I have a number of fuses on old hardrives that might need to be reopended at some date. Having a semi operational Liquid available is nice. 
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy