Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Please steal iMovie's "Split" Gesture

Last post 06-11-2014, 6:29 by saby. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-24-2014, 19:55 630984

Please steal iMovie's "Split" Gesture

I think PS is the best video editor on iOS, but there is one thing that iMovie for iOS does much better and it's performing a basic "split" edit.

In PS, to split a clip, you must select it, press the razor tool, then press which track you want, even if there is only one track.

In iMovie, you select a clip, then swipe down*. It's much faster, and much more intuitive - especially if you're doing something like YouTube vlogs that require lots of quick edits to remove pauses from speech.

Little interface choices like this make a huge difference when you're performing lots of edits, and I would LOVE for PS to adopt something like this that makes simple cutting more fun by leveraging what the iPad is good at. I think you could have the swipe gesture default to "split all", and keep the razor tool popup to select between tracks if you only wanted it to cut one of them. 

Hope this makes sense!

*Incidentally, swiping up inserts a freeze frame, which is also a cool function, but less necessary than just splitting a clip. 

•  04-25-2014, 2:56 630996 in reply to 630984

Re:Please steal iMovie's "Split" Gesture

Support of Pinnacle Studio for iPad is now handled by Luma Touch team. I suggest you ask your questions/suggestions in their forum.
  •  06-10-2014, 19:21 634555 in reply to 630996

Re: Re:Please steal iMovie's "Split" Gesture

your link to "their forum" does not work...

Bob

•  06-11-2014, 2:12 634565 in reply to 634555

AW: Re: Re:Please steal iMovie's "Split" Gesture

rmalsbury:

your link to "their forum" does not work...

For me it does

•  06-11-2014, 6:29 634578 in reply to 634565

Re:AW: Re: Re:Please steal iMovie's "Split" Gesture

They have faced a technical issue yesterday during several hours.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy