Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Installing Studio 15 (upgrade) on a new computer says ny Studio 9 code is invalid

Last post 04-25-2014, 9:42 by R_Vera. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-24-2014, 16:42 630967

Installing Studio 15 (upgrade) on a new computer says ny Studio 9 code is invalid

Hi, I am just trying to install Studio 15 (this was an upgrade from 9) on a replacement computer and it is asking me to enter my previous and current serial numbers. All I have is the activation codes sent when I purchased and when I enter these the installer says the Studio 9 one is invalid. I have tried to download the codes again from Pinnacle but it does not seem to have them any more.

I am sure the ones I have are correct as they are in emails from Pinnacle. Any thoughts on why the system will not accept these would be gratefully received.

Paul
  •  04-24-2014, 17:16 630975 in reply to 630967

Re: Installing Studio 15 (upgrade) on a new computer says ny Studio 9 code is invalid

Hi Paul

Not sure what the S9 serial was like but if it was 5 groups of 5 then check that all letters were entered. There are no numbers.

Do you still have the old computer (or at least the system hard drive)?

If all else fails a moderator can probably help you.

•  04-25-2014, 4:23 631005 in reply to 630975

Re: Installing Studio 15 (upgrade) on a new computer says ny Studio 9 code is invalid

Studio 9 serial number was 5 groups of 5 letters (I believe they had to be entered as caps).  That was not the same as activation codes which were to activate certain 'offerings' or additional capabilities.
  •  04-25-2014, 9:42 631018 in reply to 630967

If you still have your old computer with Studio installed on it, you can just make a copy of your pixie file from your old computer and install it into your new computer and you should have no problems on the installation process.

I made a video way back on how to install Studio 12 without a previous version and seems it can also apply to your problem you have. If you want to see the tutorial video so you can have more or less an idea on how to install Studio 15 upgrade into your computer. You may skip some of the steps in the video if desired.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy