Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio14 Ultimate loaded on dual boot disk.

Last post 01-27-2014, 17:28 by jjn. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-27-2014, 14:35 621592

Studio14 Ultimate loaded on dual boot disk.

Loaded many moons ago on D: Win7 with very little else so 14 works well when composing HD high school basketball games.  (C: holds everything else is is my day-to-day drive).

No need for games any longer and instead do a few shorter videos...primarily MP4 for YT.

1.  Can not start 14 from a C: boot.  Right click the .exe Run As Admin gets me "This product uses no or an invalid Product ID.  Please reinstall the software" warning.  Is there a way around this so I can use the program loaded on D: when booting to C: ?

2. Assuming no, I will load 14 onto C:.  Any problems with having the program loaded on the two partitions?

Thank you in advance for your time and effort,

Dave

•  01-27-2014, 14:49 621593 in reply to 621592

Re: Studio14 Ultimate loaded on dual boot disk.

It might be that can't find the pixie folder. When you boot into D: does it think the drive is actually C:? If you do a search for Pixie and find the folder in D, copy it to the same path in C. Might work.

Probably easier just to install on C: It should do so without issues, but you will need to re-register it - make sure you use the same email address.

•  01-27-2014, 14:53 621596 in reply to 621593

And why aren't you loading it from your other boot drive partition?  Isn't that where you originally installed it?  If that is the case, there are not going to be any required registry entries on your C:/ boot drive.
  •  01-27-2014, 16:34 621603 in reply to 621596

I do 95% of my work on C:

If I want to write a quick video...I need to reboot the entire system to reboot into D:.  When I do this, I have no access to email, spreadsheet, CAD/CAM software etc.  D; is a blank slate to free up RAM.  I RAMDISK the raw footage when I was doing basketball BluR discs.....but with these smaller ones lately, I don't need a "clean" boot environment to help speed up the renders.

Thanks for the replies guys.

•  01-27-2014, 16:43 621604 in reply to 621593

jjn:

Probably easier just to install on C: It should do so without issues, but you will need to re-register it - make sure you use the same email address.

After an install to C: and register.......would I still be able to run 14 on D: if I have a bigger project ?  Essentially have two working programs with (I assume) same machine code.

•  01-27-2014, 17:28 621606 in reply to 621604

Yes I see no problem with that, other than your machine is a bit of a mess. There is no mechanism to stop you running two versions of the same program registered to the same serial number on different hardware as long as you have used the same address to register. It's against the license, but if they can't be arsed to sort out either the license or the protection it's their problem. Plenty of programs allow you to run a copy on your laptop and desktop,

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy