Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Adorage and Heroglyph Error Messages

Last post 02-28-2014, 7:45 by colour. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-22-2014, 4:37 621050

Adorage and Heroglyph Error Messages

I have Pinnacle StudioHD Ultimate ver. 15.

I had a computer failure on my Laptop and had to reload all applications.

Each time I start Pinnacle I get error messages about Adorage and Heroglyph support libraries.

I don’t know what these are, whether I need them or where to get them.

I have used the ver. 15 disk to load Studio 15, Studio Plug-Ins, and Studio Bonus Content.

Continue to get the error messages. What do I do?

Thank you for your time,

ronjin

•  01-22-2014, 10:57 621093 in reply to 621050

Re: Adorage and Heroglyph Error Messages

ronjin:

I have Pinnacle StudioHD Ultimate ver. 15.

I had a computer failure on my Laptop and had to reload all applications.

Each time I start Pinnacle I get error messages about Adorage and Heroglyph support libraries.

I don’t know what these are, whether I need them or where to get them.

I have used the ver. 15 disk to load Studio 15, Studio Plug-Ins, and Studio Bonus Content.

Continue to get the error messages. What do I do?

Thank you for your time,

ronjin

I don't have S14/15. Stopped @ S12 & S16 (Avid Studio re-named)..

However; I'm going back a bit, but if my memory serves me correctly, the Error Message was  fairly common a few years-ago, for which I think there was an FAQ Fix..

If you get OK with the Error Message, I think Clicking on that temporarily gets rid of the Message, until the next time you Launch Studio.

Posting the exact Error Message might track it down in the FAQs. If it's not available anymore, Declic Video's Website probably has the Fix. 

Studio Bonus Content

The last Studio Version to have the Bonus Content Disk was S11, So presumably you've used S15 Content Transfer Wizard?

Adorage & Heroglyph 3Rd Part Plugins Trial (Watermarked) Versions were included on the Disk 

Checking for Adorage & Heroglyph in ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS & Removing them, might Fix it, if you haven't in fact Purchased them. The Bonus Content is mostly Installed Trial Premium Content that has to be purchased. 

•  01-26-2014, 3:05 621460 in reply to 621093

colour,

I have done several things:

1. I could find no ‘solution’ to the Adorage and Heroglyph error messages on multiple companies web-sites. But Internet queries did tell me what they are supposed to do and at this time I have no use for them so want to get rid of them.

2. I used ADD/REMOVE to get Pinnacle Plug-ins and Bonus Content off the computer. (Adorage and Heroglyph were not listed there.)

3. When the errors do come up there is a check box that gets rid of them, but since I seem to need to restart Studio15 quite often – it is annoying.

4. Thank you for pointing me to the Declic web-site. I want to try to completely delete Studio15 from this Laptop and start over. On the Declic site I found http://declic-video-fx.com/Studio-1-15/FAQ.aspx item 22 which describes how to re-install Pinnacle. (The only part that I am nervous about is the ‘Regdelete’. There is not one specifically listed for Studio15 and I hope that the 14 version will work. I will save a copy of the Registry before I run it.)

I did not use the S15 Transfer Wizard. I have Studio 9 and 10update in the XP emulation mode on this computer. S15 was purchased as a ‘new’ Studio product for the Win7 mode and I never tried to relate it to previous versions.

ronjin

•  02-03-2014, 4:14 622425 in reply to 621460

I have been having problems with the Adorage and Heroglyph support-library messages on my Laptop computer. Each time that I start Studio15, I see these messages and it makes me wonder whether the software is working as it should. Over the past several weeks I have tried multiple times at re-installing and still get those messages. A couple of days ago, I tried another re-install and I haven’t seen those messages in about 20 times starting Studio. I thought that I would share this for any who may want to give it a try.

Go to http://declic-video-fx.com/Studio-1-15/FAQ.aspx to find “22-How to re-install Pinnacle Studio”. Open it and click on Regdelete to find “REGDELETE S7/8/9/10/11/12/14/15” to download your appropriate item.

I suggest adding these items to the steps shown:

2a. Run free Ccleaner to save a version of the Registry

10a. Run MSCONFIG and de-select StartUp Items

10b. Restart computer

10c. Do a Search to find all items containing “Pinnacle” particularly the folders

10d. Rename the folders (e.g. I renamed the Pinnacle folder still in Program Files (x86) to “Pinnacl-old”. There were other items in My Videos that needed renaming). This is so that they are not recognized when you re-install. You may want to run another Search to be sure that all of the Pinnacle-related items are in folders that have been renamed.

11a. I loaded Pinnacle only and not the Plug-ins or Bonus Content because I have no need of them for what I am doing now.

The Reinstallation using Safe Mode did not work for me in an earlier attempt because Windows Installer would not operate in a Safe Mode.

Good Luck,

ronjin

•  02-03-2014, 5:03 622431 in reply to 622425

IGNORE MY PREVIOUS POST.  JUST STARTED STUDIO AND GOT SOME ERRORS i HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

Moderator, is it possible to remove that message?

•  02-03-2014, 5:34 622435 in reply to 621050

Have you tried to download the updates for heroglyph here:

http://www.prodad.com/home,l-us.xhtml

•  02-04-2014, 4:24 622600 in reply to 622435

Thank you for the suggestion.  I did Internet searching and spent quite some time at sites like Prodad and others trying to find a solution.

But I don't really need either Adorage or Heroglyph.  I simply want to get rid of the messages that keep popping up whenever I use Studio.  Whenever I use a software application and a message comes up during the loading, it makes me doubt whether the software is working correctly and will do what it was purchased for.  If a message came up when loading spreadsheet software, I would have doubts about the calculations being performed.

Before I discovered what Adorage and Heroglyph were, I thought they might have something to do with my dropped frames, green screen, etc.  That is why I started to try to find a solution.

•  02-05-2014, 14:54 622857 in reply to 622600

OK, I am ready to say that the re-install process that I described on Feb 3rd does work.

After I posted the note and started Studio15, I got an error “The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the Pinnacle Studio 15 disk and click OK”

I restarted Studio several times and got the same message. I installed the Studio disk and everything was OK. After several Studio restarts everything was OK and no messages. Then I noticed that the portable drive that I had been using was no longer functioning. That drive had the files for the last project that I had been working on. I believe that when Studio was loading and trying to get the Album info for display from my last project, the drive stopped working in the middle of the process and Studio was unable to complete the task that it had started. The error message was displayed about an external source problem. I suspect that there is probably a ‘standard’ set of error messages in Studio and this was the closest one for the problem. It then set a ‘flag’ in Studio so that when I did the restarts, I saw the same message. Once I put the Studio disk in, that flag was cleared and Studio functioned as it should.

Since that time I have gone through many reboots of that computer and used Studio probably +20 times. Everything seems fine and I have never seen any Adorage or Heroglyph messages.

This was on my Laptop. About a month ago, I started and still get the Adorage and Heroglyph messages when I start Studio on the Desktop. No idea why since I had used Studio on it for a couple of years and never seen them. I am now ready to apply this same re-install process on that computer

•  02-28-2014, 4:02 625486 in reply to 622857

Just to close this item out-

It has been several weeks since I used the reinstall process described on Feb 2 on both my computers.  I use both computers daily for converting VCR tapes to DVD formats and I have never seen anymore messages related to Adorage or Heroglyph.

•  02-28-2014, 7:45 625499 in reply to 625486

ronjin:

Just to close this item out-

It has been several weeks since I used the reinstall process described on Feb 2 on both my computers.  I use both computers daily for converting VCR tapes to DVD formats and I have never seen anymore messages related to Adorage or Heroglyph.

Glad you've finally fixed it Yes

Thanks a lot for your very informative Posts that should help others with the same problem Smile

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy