Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Help please!

Last post 01-09-2014, 8:27 by Yorkie. 18 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  01-05-2014, 14:42 619161

Help please!

I am hoping someone can help me with this one...

Reinstalled PS12.1 and entered all keycodes etc and all seems well except for the purchased download of Creative Pack 1 for PS12.1 No matter what I do with it uninstall reinstall repair etc etc it still does not unlock in PS12.1 - not that I believe it has an unlock code (please correct me if it does!)

I have also installed PS16 which has Creative Pack 1 in it's setup. - This is working in PS16 and all CP1 is unlocked

SO my question is - what am I doing wrong to stop the original CP1 (which has worked before the new install as I have DVDs with some of its content on!) from unlocking?

This is my last hurdle before embarking on a new project and I just want everything unlocked in case I want it! I have been at this all day and I am clearly not thinking straight now!Crying

•  01-07-2014, 8:51 619364 in reply to 619161

Re: Help please!

Attachment: Untitled.jpg
    Yorkie:

I am hoping someone can help me with this one...

Reinstalled PS12.1 and entered all keycodes etc and all seems well except for the purchased download of Creative Pack 1 for PS12.1 No matter what I do with it uninstall reinstall repair etc etc it still does not unlock in PS12.1 - not that I believe it has an unlock code (please correct me if it does!)

I have also installed PS16 which has Creative Pack 1 in it's setup. - This is working in PS16 and all CP1 is unlocked

SO my question is - what am I doing wrong to stop the original CP1 (which has worked before the new install as I have DVDs with some of its content on!) from unlocking?

This is my last hurdle before embarking on a new project and I just want everything unlocked in case I want it! I have been at this all day and I am clearly not thinking straight now!Crying

Hi Yorkie Smile

I never had Creative Pack Vol 1 with s12.

However, since I Installed S16 Ultimate, it's also become available in S12. Like all the other Bonus Premium Content. with S16 Ultimate.YesBig Smile

See Screenshot 1:

Ensure you have "Show Premium Content & Features" Enabled.

See Screenshot 2:

Screenshot 1:

•  01-07-2014, 8:58 619366 in reply to 619364

Screenshot 2:

•  01-07-2014, 10:12 619372 in reply to 619366

Hi Colour

Thanks for posting. I tried your options but alas it is all still locked out. I don't ever remember having a keycode for this. Back in the days of PS12 it was a purchased download and whenever I got software like this I always did screen shots etc but I can't find any reference to a keycode.

I have today gone into control panel and removed CP1 and then reinstalled, still the same.

I don't know if I should try uninstalling from PS16 and not loading the original download for PS12 and see if that ticks the boxes!

Computers are fickle things aren't they. I know this has worked before as I have created titles on DVDs using CP1

•  01-07-2014, 10:49 619375 in reply to 619372

FYI: I have a CP1 install CD and a CP3 download (burned on CD). For both packs I have serial numbers (5x5 char each).
  •  01-07-2014, 11:26 619378 in reply to 619375

Hi Ingolf

So do those numbers go into the 'enter keycodes ' option within ps12?

If that is the case I need to search more for the keycodes

Thanks

•  01-07-2014, 11:55 619383 in reply to 619378

Hi Ingolf

With regard to the Creative Pack I have now found a keycode but when I enter it PS12 reports the code is not correct and sends me to reactivate my keycodes. I have done all the form filling but nothing comes back for CP1 keycodes.

I have uninstalled PS16 and then reinstalled and that didn't activate in 12

Any other suggestions?

•  01-07-2014, 12:55 619391 in reply to 619383

I have today gone into control panel and removed CP1 and then reinstalled, still the same

You have 2 iterations of CP1. One originally purchased for S12. The other Free with S16.

Since you already had the Purchased one Installed. S16 wouldn't have Installed the Free one.

Remove what I assume is the Purchased one from ADD/REMOVE PROGs again & then - wait - still checking something.

•  01-07-2014, 13:00 619392 in reply to 619378

Yorkie:
    So do those numbers go into the 'enter keycodes ' option within ps12?
    IIRC they have to be entered during the installation of CP1. But may be I don't remember correct.Embarrassed
  •  01-07-2014, 13:31 619398 in reply to 619392

If you already had S12 Purchase Version Installed, S16 wouldn't have Installed the Free Version. Although you might have S16 Free Version Download Setup EXE File somewhere. If you do, maybe Uninstalling the Purchased Version again & then Running the Free Version Setup EXE, might Install it into S12. As in my case. & as already  Posted..

There's no Activation Key for the Free Version. But there would have been for the Purchased.

Go to: Start / All Programs / Pinnacle Studio 16 / Install Manager / Custom Install / Bonus Content, to see all of the Content. See Screenshot.(CP1 might show as Installed, because you already had it Installed with S12.).

If it does show as Installed, Uninstalling again & then checking Install Manager again to see if it shows as not Installed, Selecting Install might Install it again into S16 & S12.

I'll try to find where S16 CP1 Installer File is , here.

Screenshot:

•  01-08-2014, 3:22 619447 in reply to 619398

Well after both of you suggesting some really good options I cannot get anything  CP1 wise to work in PS12 all ok in PS16

What I need to do is to somehow get a new keycode for PS12 CP1 and away I go as I have the downloaded software for it. At the moment I could reload CP1 into PS12 but it just stays locked.

Is there anyone at Pinnacle that could help with a new keycode? Proof of purchase etc is availableBig Smile

Also how successful is 'uninstalling' PS16 through control panel and its own program? I tried this last night only to find it remembers it has been on the system before when installing 'fresh'

•  01-08-2014, 11:25 619490 in reply to 619447

Re: Help please! Pinnacle

Hello

Can anyone at Pinnacle help me with regenerating keycodes ?

I have again asked for the regeneration of my keycodes and the email sent back was G

Yes G so what does that mean?

Please can someone at Pinnacle help me out?

•  01-08-2014, 20:02 619525 in reply to 619490

Yorkie:

Hello

Can anyone at Pinnacle help me with regenerating keycodes ?

I have again asked for the regeneration of my keycodes and the email sent back was G

Yes G so what does that mean?

Please can someone at Pinnacle help me out?

Nobody from Pinnacle/Corel visits Studio Legacy Products Forums, Yorkie Indifferent

The only Pinnacle Forum support at the moment seems to be Glus very infrequently, on S16/17 Forums.

Regenerating Activation Keys only Regenerates the ones you already have with New (Different) ones, for all of them. Not individually.

When you purchased CP Vol 1 Download, presumably there was a Setup EXE File, for which there was a Serial No or Activation Key that had to be entered upon installation..

Since you've Installed & Re-installed it successfully using that Serial No or Activation Key, Regenerating it won't make any difference, IMO.

However, Look at my ADD/REMOVE Programs Screenshot.. If you only have what is showing, that's for S16. Not S12

Your S12 would show as Pinnacle Studio Creative Pack Vol 1 as a separate item with the S12 Pinwheel Logo. If it's not there, it isn't installed for S12.

If Corel hadn't erroneously re-named Avid Studio Version 2 to Pinnacle 16, none of this confusion created by them would have arisen in the first place.Indifferent,

Screenshot:

•  01-09-2014, 3:15 619549 in reply to 619525

Hi Colour

I have had all the options installed including the one in your screen shot. The keycode I have from the purchased option of CP1 apparently is now not valid, that is why I was trying to regenerate the keycodes or hoping someone at Pinnacle could offer me a new one.

I am starting to wonder if I need to start all over again with the install of PS 12 and 16 by reinstalling windows 7, I have a vague recollection of this type of thing happening before.

What bothers me is the regeneration of keycodes request all I get back is G on the email. If I do need to do that at a later date then I am going to be stuck. The email is the one registered to the products so I don't know why that does not work.

Thanks for all your help and if you do think of anything else it would be appreciated.

(Could any of this be anything to do with the fact it is now on a 64bit system?)

•  01-09-2014, 3:41 619553 in reply to 619549

Hi John

This "empty keycodes email" Is an ongoing problem. Pinnacle though it was fixed, but you are the second person to have said it's happened after that. I've reported it yet again and been told the issue is to be investigated again. So it might be worth waiting a week.

The codes are locked to the passport - change the OS and the passport changes, so you also will need a new code.

•  01-09-2014, 4:05 619557 in reply to 619549

including the one in your screen shot.

That's the Free Avid one that's automatically  Installed via S16 Bonus Content Download / Installation. No Setup EXE File. Only an MSI Installer File. I've tested this by Removing it from ADD/REMOVE Programs. It then shows as not Installed in S16 Install Manager ( As per my previous Screenshot), I then re-selected it / Install. It then showed as Installed & in REMOVE/ADD PROGRAMS.

I did  also have the Pinnacle Studio  Version showing in ADD/REMOVE Programs as a separate item. I Removed it for Testing. It no longer shows in S12, although all the S16 Avid Bonus Content does. I never purchased it in the first place. So I don't know how it was installed into S12. It may be that it was also Free with Avid Studio 1, which is no longer Installed. 

Please confirm, to ensure we're both on the same track Wink;

1) The Serial number / Activation Key you're entering when you Install the purchased Version.

2). Does the purchased Version show in S12 Help /  "View Activation Keys". If-so, do the Activation Keys match.

3) Does it show in ADD/REMOVE Programs

4) Are you looking in the right place in S12; Titles Drop-down

5) If it does show, what Error are you getting when Opening it in the Album.

Since it's a Title & it's available in S16, I'd be inclined to create the Project in S12 without the Title & then Import that into S16. Bearing in mind that S16 Project won't be backwards-compatible with S12. You'd need to finish the Project in S16.

ADDED - Jeff & I Posting @ same time. Read his Post above, first.

•  01-09-2014, 6:37 619580 in reply to 619557

In a nut shell I have done all you mention however when I install from the purchased download for PS12 there is no problem in it installing but if I try to enter the keycode that came with the download (thank goodness for screen shots) the system reports it is not a correct keycode. (that is why I tried to regenerate the codes in case I got a new one that worked. That is also why I mentioned the email with just the letter G in it. Thanks to Jeff for reporting that again too!)

Everything shows in the add remove programs and I can uninstall or repair but I guess without a new keycode it will not work, I am beholden to Pinnacle taking notice of the thread.

When the CP1 software is installed when I look through the various options in PS12 they are all locked for Creative Pack 1, titles montages etc.

•  01-09-2014, 8:00 619585 in reply to 619580

Yorkie:
    ... but if I try to enter the keycode that came with the download (...) the system reports it is not a correct keycode.
    To understand you correct: Where do you try to enter the keycode? In a window during the installation process or in Studio's window for entering activation codes?
  •  01-09-2014, 8:27 619589 in reply to 619585

The only place to put any keycodes is in PS12 in the 'Enter keycode' menus, the code is never asked for anywhere else so I assume that is where it went.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy