Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio 15 - Dazzle Premium HD - Installation problem (not enough HDD space on C: drive)

Last post 09-26-2013, 15:21 by R_Vera. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-26-2013, 12:03 605569

Studio 15 - Dazzle Premium HD - Installation problem (not enough HDD space on C: drive)

Hi

I am trying to install Studio 15 which came with the Dazzle.

I have 1 small SSD HDD (c:) with the OS and 3 bigger HDD. The SSD (C) drive is almost full (few MB free).

When I start the installation I change the target device using the bigger HDD, but when I try to start it the system halt telling me there is not enough space.

There is no other way I can change the target drive. For some reason it seems the system needs some free space on C drive. Is it so ? I think it is a bug.

Any idea ?

THX
    CIPO

•  09-26-2013, 13:00 605581 in reply to 605569

Re: Studio 15 - Dazzle Premium HD - Installation problem (not enough HDD space on C: drive)

Cipo:

Hi

I am trying to install Studio 15 which came with the Dazzle.

I have 1 small SSD HDD (c:) with the OS and 3 bigger HDD. The SSD (C) drive is almost full (few MB free).

When I start the installation I change the target device using the bigger HDD, but when I try to start it the system halt telling me there is not enough space.

There is no other way I can change the target drive. For some reason it seems the system needs some free space on C drive. Is it so ? I think it is a bug.

Any idea ?

THX
    CIPO

IMO, all Applications (Programs) including Studio, should be Installed on your Windows OS Drive. That has always been the case since I've been Video Editing, per se, anyway.

Studio's Default Installation Location is Local Drive (C:)

If you can't free-up sufficient SSD Space, to Install Studio & leave a few GB Free Space, it looks like you might need to setup a Dual Boot System on one of your HDDs.

I don't know how you would do that., Someone-else would need to advise you.

Small SSDs for Video Editing per se, are a problem here & on another Forum I Post in, for a number of reasons.

See my Post HERE  Re; a similar problem with a small Raptor OS HDD.

Anyone-else?.

•  09-26-2013, 14:56 605593 in reply to 605581

Re: Studio 15 - Dazzle Premium HD - Installation problem (not enough HDD space on C: drive)

"IMO, all Applications (Programs) including Studio, should be Installed on your Windows OS Drive. That has always been the case since I've been Video Editing, per se, anyway.

Studio's Default Installation Location is Local Drive (C:)"

Thx for the reply. But I should be able to change the default location to an other drive and be able to avoid writing anything on C drive.

It might not be the best way of editing but it must work. My problem is the it seems impossible to change the default location. 

•  09-26-2013, 15:21 605596 in reply to 605569

As colour mentioned to you, the default location is c: drive. There is no way for you to change the installation process. If you change it then you will have several issues when opening Studio. My recommendation is that for you to move all of your documents (music, photos, etc) into your other hard drives and just use your SSD to have your OS program plus other programs you may have available.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy