Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

export has stopped working due to not enough space

Last post 08-30-2013, 5:16 by colour. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-21-2013, 10:34 602591

export has stopped working due to not enough space

I've got a 10 minute movie. I'm trying to export it to a .wmv. The estimated file size is 378MB.

My c: drive has  23G free (this drive has almost everything, including rendering files)

My d: drive has about 500G free. This is where I am writing the final image.

I'm running Win7 and Studio 16 Ultimate.

I start the export, it gets about 30 or 45s into the movie and says "export has stopped working due to not enough space" 

I don't think anything is actually out of diskspace (out of memory maybe?) I did delete the render files,and rebooted studio. But I still get the same error.

I searched the forum and found lots of people who had similar issues several versions back, with no obvious solutions.

Is there something I can do to get a better error. Some logging or something? The "event log" just give the same aforementioned error.

•  08-23-2013, 12:44 602764 in reply to 602591

Re: export has stopped working due to not enough space

chrismcb:

I've got a 10 minute movie. I'm trying to export it to a .wmv. The estimated file size is 378MB.

My c: drive has  23G free (this drive has almost everything, including rendering files)

My d: drive has about 500G free. This is where I am writing the final image.

I'm running Win7 and Studio 16 Ultimate.

I start the export, it gets about 30 or 45s into the movie and says "export has stopped working due to not enough space" 

I don't think anything is actually out of diskspace (out of memory maybe?) I did delete the render files,and rebooted studio. But I still get the same error.

I searched the forum and found lots of people who had similar issues several versions back, with no obvious solutions.

Is there something I can do to get a better error. Some logging or something? The "event log" just give the same aforementioned error.

It's unusual for one of the Forum regulars not to have Replied by now.Indifferent

Studio isn't my main Editor these days & I seldom use it for the time-being . However;

Like you, my Workflow dictates that I can have "Everythinhg" on my OS Drive (C:)..

I've just tested here by Importing a WMV Clip & Exporting to Drive D with 500GB Free Space, with no problems.

I searched the forum and found lots of people who had similar issues several versions back, with no obvious solutions

As I recall correctly/incorrectly those were for the most part; Studio's CD/DVD Diskometer Default setting for Export to Disk was for CD 700Mbs & reporting out of disk space for DVD Export. Inserting a DVD corrected that to 4.75GB.

IMO, it's best anyway, to ignore problems & fixes for previous Studio Versions, since the core Program is entirely different from S16.

What happens if you use S16 Sample Project  & Sample Video (MPEG-2), Exporting those to Drive (D:) ?.

BTW - You might have 500GB Free Space, but it might not be contiguous. Check your Drive (D:) for Fragmentation.

And - Go to start / Computer / Right-click on Drive (D:) Icon / Properties /. Tools / Error Checking /Check now & do the 2nd Error Check. It could take some time to complete. (1 hour or-so).

Hopefully, bumping this up should attract the attention of the S16 Forum regulars Wink

Good luck Smile

Anyone-else?

•  08-29-2013, 22:48 603225 in reply to 602764

One thing I've noticed, when I start the export I'm told I've got 77% used space on my drive. When I get this error that used space now says 100%. This seems to imply there is a runaway process either writing to disk, or thinking it wrote to disk.

If I keep trying the export, sometimes restarting, it will eventually write.

I'm curious why fragmentation will be an issue. Is it trying to save the file in a contiguous block?

And if I do have errors on the disk I would expect a "can't save" error as opposed to "disk full" error. 

•  08-30-2013, 2:24 603228 in reply to 603225

I am beginning to suspect this is related to my autobackup. It may be that the backup gets a hold of the file that is being written and starts to backup it up. So it looks like this is a bogus error message, and it should be returning some sort of "unable to open/save file" as opposed to the out of space message.

•  08-30-2013, 5:16 603239 in reply to 603228

I'm curious why fragmentation will be an issue. Is it trying to save the file in a contiguous block?

And if I do have errors on the disk I would expect a "can't save" error as opposed to "disk full" error.

Just part of regular PC "Good Housekeeping" here Wink

I am beginning to suspect this is related to my autobackup

That's a "possibility".

W7 OS & Acronis TrueImage Program (Both of which I have), have an Auto-Backup Feature that Backs-up User selected Directories every 5 minutes or-so when there's a change in Data, when Enabled. I have neither Enabled, since they can interfere with  the Editing process of another (Unstable) Program I use. I manually Backup as required. .

An NLE Program's Autosave Feature that automatically Saves & Re-loads a Project on Program Launch is often mistaken for  an NLEs Program's Instantsave Feature. In S16's case, a Project Snapshot is taken every few seconds.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy