Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Hollywood FX Vol 1 edit changes wont take effect

Last post 08-19-2013, 11:55 by iopieriskalis. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  08-05-2012, 17:04 543205

Hollywood FX Vol 1 edit changes wont take effect

Need some help group.......Trying to edit a Hollywood FX Vol 1 Basic Shape  PLS-Ball Split transition to turn off the lighting option.  I can click on the transition on the timeline, select edit which brings up a pop-up for Duration/Edit... Click on edit which opens the FX editor.  I can then un-click the lighting option, play/prview in the editor (No Problems - Looks right) then either click "OK' or "Close" to go back to the timeline and nothing has changed.  Still to old stock transition with the lighting on.    From the threads I've read, if the FX editor was locked, it would not allow me to get to the FX editor screen, so confident that the editor is available.     Any and all help you can give me is appreciated.   Frustrating to need to do a simply thing and have spent a couple of hours researching and trying to make this work.  

Thanks   Larry

•  08-05-2012, 23:59 543215 in reply to 543205

Re: Hollywood FX Vol 1 edit changes wont take effect

Send a PM to Declic Video so he can explain on what steps to do or go to his website for tips and tricks.

http://declic-video-fx.com

•  08-19-2013, 10:39 602350 in reply to 543205

Hello I have exactly the same thing happening with PLS-Cube (wanting it to revolve 10 times instead of the standard 3 times)

Edited in Hollywood FX via the 'edit' button in Studio (I am using version 10.7); which, as in your case, worked OK in the editor preview. Then, pressing 'OK' and has Not solved the case. I even 'saved-as' under a different name ('PLS-Cube10') but doesnt come up in studio under the transitions.

I am wondering if you have solvd the case and if so, how you did it. I'll also try the link in previous reply (which I couldnt work out how to send a PM on my mobile; but now on desktop)

•  08-19-2013, 11:55 602353 in reply to 602350

I have since found the 'saved as' version under transitions after re-opening the program. However the 'PLS-cube & Objects' still seems to only be giving 3 rotations and so the problem must actually be with my editing here (if anyone could assist me with getting more rotations out of it)

It seems my mistake was that all I did was push the 'motion blur' under 'basic options' up to the maximum of 10 (from 3).

Noticed a whole tree menu of effect parameters on the bottom left of the screen, but cant work out which will give the cube more rotations 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy