Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Unable to update firmware

Last post 06-04-2013, 15:49 by purple. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-27-2013, 8:00 590442

Unable to update firmware

Hi!

We have used PVT to record some 45 min tapes, with luck, but lately it works about 50% of the times, the result is the empty files. I see that the "latest" firmware fix the empty files-problem. The problem is that we can't get the PVT to read the firmware. We've tried several different usb-memory sticks, formated fat16/32, leaving only the CFUPDATE.BIN on the stick. Inserted the memory stick, and then connected the power, but nothing happens. We have tried this many times, sometimes there's a small light in the usb-stick, but that's all. Any tip? I guess it should be possible to go straight to the latest firmware from stock PVT, or do we have to use all the updates until we get to the latest? I can't find any links or info about earlier firmware. (we have also removed the power when the device is on, to get a factory restore)

•  04-27-2013, 20:04 590487 in reply to 590442

Re: Unable to update firmware

Check here to see if your driver is available.

Are you capturing High Def videos or Standard Videos?

What version of Studio are you using?

What are your computer specs.

You may want to try Studio 16 Plus to see if you have much better luck.

here is the patch to install on S16.

NOTE: Studio 16 is very different than the earlier versions of Studio. If you plan to edit on this program, you may need to practice with it and make sure your computer meets all requirements.

STUDIO 16 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS XP.

•  04-28-2013, 2:29 590494 in reply to 590487

Pamon,

you know that Pinnacle Video Transfer (PVT) is a stand-alone device to capture a video to an USB device without any PC, don't you?

•  04-28-2013, 3:02 590496 in reply to 590494

"you know that Pinnacle Video Transfer (PVT) is a stand-alone device to capture a video to an USB device without any PC, don't you?"

I had an idea on the name, but I did not know on how it works.

•  06-04-2013, 15:49 594677 in reply to 590442

First, can you give me a copy of the PVT firmware?  Pinnacle took down the link and I can no longer get any version of PVT firmware.   

This youtube video may help you on updating firmware http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVERNzcw02s.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy