Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Avid Studio and Pinnacle Studio IOS

Last post 01-16-2013, 16:14 by Johnmg. 13 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-01-2012, 0:52 546910

Avid Studio and Pinnacle Studio IOS

Besides the 1080p export, are these two programs identical at this point?

Will Pinnacle Studio for IOS be compatible with Avid Studio PC? Is Avid Studio PC identical  to Pinnacle Studio 16? How does one achieve compatibility with IOS to PC app?

•  09-01-2012, 8:34 546960 in reply to 546910

Re: Avid Studio and Pinnacle Studio IOS

It seems like they both support 1080P. I scanned through the manual in the Pinnacle version and it seemed to be the same as the AS version except for the branding, but there may be programming differences even though there don't seem to be and differences in how they both operate. One of the bugs in the AS version is you can't change the text color of the first motion text. I checked the PS version and it has the same bug. I came away thinking the two programs were identical.
  •  09-01-2012, 11:44 546992 in reply to 546960

My impressions were the same, I tried the first motion font as well.

Anyone know about compatibility of Pinnacle studio IOS and Avid Studio PC? Will support staff remain?

•  09-03-2012, 0:27 547253 in reply to 546992

Pinnacle Studio does incremental backups! Crucial feature - yea!
  •  09-04-2012, 11:35 547685 in reply to 546992

Pinnacle Studio for iPad's export project feature will work with both Avid Studio 1 and the new Pinnacle Studio 16 (which is effectively Avid Studio 2).

The new features of Pinnacle Studio for iPad are:

- 1080p export

- Export both rendered video and projects to Box (which is now the easiest way to get your projects to Avid Studio 1 or Pinnacle Studio 16)

- Duplicate project (which allows incremental backups, etc).

These features are only available in Pinnacle Studio for iPad (these were not added to Avid Studio for iPad).

•  09-04-2012, 18:35 547774 in reply to 547685

Chris, thanks for the clarification on features. I'm relatively new to video editing. Prior to AvidStudio for iPad (which going forward is now Pinnacle Studio for iPad), I used Final Cut Express on my Mac for video editing. I'm now using Pinnacle Studio for iPad exclusively. I don't believe I can import a Pinnacle Studio for iPad project into PS for iPad, so the only way for me to utilize the project exporting feature would be to buy PS16, but I don't believe there is a Mac version of PS16. Is that correct???

PS, I hope you didn't buy the Avid products just to discontinue them (as some said earlier in the year when Corel announce the acquisition).....that would be disappointing.

•  09-05-2012, 16:06 548000 in reply to 546960

RedRyder:
    One of the bugs in the AS version is you can't change the text color of the first motion text. I checked the PS version and it has the same bug. I came away thinking the two programs were identical.

We tried to optimize that first motion title as much as we can, so font color adjustments are applied. Unfortunately the way that Title was originally made the font color applies to the outline/dropshadow than to the body of the text. You might see this behavior better if you were to max out the saturation and brightness levels on that Title as well as increasing the size of the text.

Eventually we'll be delivering more content for the iPad app and we'll keep this particular first motion title in mind, so we provide an additional better layed out Title that can be used instead of that one.

•  09-07-2012, 18:39 548434 in reply to 548000

Eduardo, the first motion font is the most useable motion font, most of the others are somewhat tacky and can only be used for "novelty" purposes. At this point, it  can only be used in a shade of light blue - not even white. It's hard to know why it was designed like this when colors can be changed on most of the others, but we certainly hope thus can be corrected soon.

Also, the MOV file bug is still there in the Pinnacle version, hope you are working on this. 

Thanks... 

•  09-07-2012, 19:42 548441 in reply to 548434

Just a suggestion......how about just changing the font color to white in the software......forget about having it be user changeable......it would at least be useable if it was always white rather than always light blue.
  •  09-08-2012, 18:36 548619 in reply to 548441

That would be fine, or just make it like all the other motion fonts where the color can be changed. 
  •  09-17-2012, 19:27 550335 in reply to 547774

RedRyder:

PS, I hope you didn't buy the Avid products just to discontinue them (as some said earlier in the year when Corel announce the acquisition).....that would be disappointing.

We didn't buy anything :). We are the original Pinnacle team that was part of Avid, now we are part of Corel. Same people, same product, new bosses :)

•  09-17-2012, 20:37 550347 in reply to 550335

DevMLUI:
    RedRyder:

We didn't buy anything :). We are the original Pinnacle team that was part of Avid, now we are part of Corel. Same people, same product, new bosses :)

Glad to hear it! Keep up the great work! 

•  09-18-2012, 9:04 550432 in reply to 550335

Thanks for the clarification......great product.....hopefully more great things to come.
  •  01-16-2013, 16:14 571824 in reply to 546910

Hi,

As I understood it Avid Studio sold this app to Pinacle Studio.  So this is the exact same app just transferred from one company to another. Pinacle Studio did not write there own version of this app. And for those that were confused about the time when Pinacle Studio was giving the app away for free it was the limited ability on Apple's App Store side where they could not just change the company name on the App Store they  probably needed to resubmit the app to Apple or some thing like that. In which case if they did not set a price of Free all of us that paid for the app would have had to pay for the app again. Yes, some people were able to download the app for free during that time frame. Not a perfect solution maybe Apple will update this in a feature date. But I won't hold my breath.

Jjohn 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy