Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Menu buttons don't highlight on DVD

Last post 12-27-2012, 23:47 by JoyJoy. 8 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-23-2012, 16:21 563288

Menu buttons don't highlight on DVD

I NEED HELP! The menu buttons are highlighted on computer and everything seems to work fine when I play back in the Disc editor box but once I create the DVD and play it on the DVD player, you can't see any of the buttons highlighted on either menu pages (main or subs)...so you can't see what or where you are when trying to navigate thru the menu. I've tried changing the color of the buttons & it wouldn't let me...you can select a different color but it doesn't change it to that color you chose. I've tried different menus but still the same problem. Do you have any idea how to fix this glitch? I went thru 8 DVDs already and its driving me crazy! Please help!
  •  11-24-2012, 13:16 563454 in reply to 563288

Re: Menu buttons don't highlight on DVD

Being new to AS coming from studio 9.4.3 I didnt realize there were main and sub menus,so if I needed more than 3 chapters i used a sub menuwith 6 chapter points and made the first chapter a play all point (plays entire movie) and placed the next 5 chapters were i needed them and  so far they all play as they should, highlight and play in dvd player.I use a rewritable dvd for my first burn that way if it doesnt burn right I havent wasted a disc.
  •  11-24-2012, 16:07 563474 in reply to 563288

Attachment: button_highlight.JPG

You have to click the "Apply" button when you change the selected or active button highlight color or they won't "stick". The "Apply" button may be hidden behind the timeline in the menu editor. You should click and drag the header to detach the "Selected button color" box and pull it up so you can see the entire box. In the attached picture the yellow highlight is where you click with your mouse and drag it into full view.

If you still have trouble seeing the highlight try increasing the opacity from 50% to 75%. That's the "A" parameter in the attached photo and it's default is 50% which should normally be enough but might not be in your case. That should also stick once you press the Apply button.

Joe

•  12-02-2012, 16:06 564792 in reply to 563474

Thanks Joe! But it still doesn't work when I play the DVD. You can't see any highlighted selections and can't navigate through the menu.  However, I was able to change the color of the buttons as you were right about the APPLY button being hidden.  I also increased the opacity of the highlight up to 80% and like before.... I can see it fine when in the Disc Editor screen but once I create the DVD and put it in the player, you can't see it.  UUUGH!! 
  •  12-02-2012, 19:25 564811 in reply to 564792

Whatever highlight you're using, try a different one.It shouldn't make a difference but, do you have a different dvd player you can test with?

I made a short test file and created an iso image instead of burning a dvd. I was able to see the highlights okay using the Underline option. I used VLC player to view the iso file without having to burn an actual dvd. If you have a program that will let you view an iso file directly, that will allow you to experiment without wasting discs.

Joe

•  12-04-2012, 0:05 565005 in reply to 564811

I don't know if I have a program that will play the ISO file... hmmm. Well, I tried using a different highlight like underline or box rather than the alpha and it still didn't work. I'm very concerned because I have projects that I've already been paid for and need to get this resolved.  I'm thinking of just reinstalling Studio 14... but geez, my discs start at 9 and I've always downloaded the upgrades.  Any thoughts on that??
  •  12-04-2012, 12:17 565077 in reply to 565005

You can get VLC player HERE

It's a free program although they do have a button for making a donation, if you wish. When you install it, it will ask to associate itself to a whole bunch of file types. I generally don't associate anything but iso files to VLC. If you like it you can associate other file types as time goes on. Also, it may ask you to install toolbars for other programs like search engines and browsers. So go slowly and uncheck those boxes if they show up.

I think, and the operative word here is think, that you can upgrade from S10 to S14. So all you should need to do is install S9, upgrade to S10, and then to S14. But try the iso idea first, if you have the time. If you can see the highlights like I was able to, then you may want to consider burning your disc from the iso file using a 3rd party burner like Imgburn. Imgburn is also free and a very good program that is used my many people.

You can get Imgburn HERE . The same cautions apply here as mentioned above about installing.

Maybe someone else has an idea about why you can't see the highlights playing the dvd, I haven't really heard of this problem with S16.

And maybe someone knows for sure about how you can re-install S14, if it comes to that.

Joe 

•  12-20-2012, 4:17 567425 in reply to 565077

JoyJoy,

First of all forgive my English.
    To me it's the same. When I create the DVD works properly on the disk editor and computer but when I record it on a DVD and I reproduce on the DVD player o Bluray player the buttons are not active and can not start the movie.

I reinstalled the program again and nothing happens. I tested menus with a single page with a single button and the problem remains the same.

I do not know what to do.

•  12-27-2012, 23:47 568438 in reply to 567425

Well I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one with this problem.  Unfortunately nothing has helped to resolve it. I'm at a loss too! And this is just not good.  I might have to invest in a new editing software. Any suggestions??
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy