Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

The importance of preserving traditions and values with video

Last post 11-22-2012, 13:51 by lycravidman. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-07-2012, 22:31 560097

The importance of preserving traditions and values with video

This is part one of a two part video which introduces a longer documentary I produced of a former Italian-American neighborhood in our town. Although this fun clip is not the documentary, its purpose is to generate curiosity for non-Italians to watch the full documentary. The preservation of traditions and values is so important since America seems to be a more blended society with each succeeding generation. It may also happen in other countries.

This particular piece hasn't been released on DVD yet, but thought I'd make it viewable by members of this forum in appreciation of all your help and advice over the years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG1ObzmQcBw

Larry

•  11-09-2012, 17:47 560524 in reply to 560097

Re: The importance of preserving traditions and values with video

Wonderful video. I am not Italian, but was adopted by the Federation of Italian Americans of Queens in NYC. I did a lot of computer work bringing them from dialup to high speed internet and networking of their computers which I built. Wonderful caring people. Now, I will have to have some pasta and sauce!
  •  11-12-2012, 16:35 560998 in reply to 560524

Thanks, Tony. If you were "adopted" by the Italians then you are at least 1/2 Italian! What a great group of people with traditions and values to aspire to. Aside from the people, one of the great things about working on various aspects of this Italian documentary is that I hardly ever left a home without eating something or taking a loaf of bread, wine, or some other Italian food. And I still get hungry watching this!

Larry

•  11-18-2012, 13:23 562019 in reply to 560998

Yes, food is a very large part of the Italian culture, and it is one of my favorite foods!
  •  11-22-2012, 13:51 563025 in reply to 560097

Very nice film. I noticed that you made your interviewees comfortable enough not to mind the camera. Even though I've never had the experience myself, my father recalled being "cared for" by an Italian family when he joined the army around the time of the Korean war thanks to a friend he made.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy