Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Last post 09-29-2012, 17:02 by Manske. 15 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  09-25-2012, 14:31 551706

Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Hi,

Using Pinnacle Studio 15 Ultimate Collection and  Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of "Objects". But the contents like "pirates", "wild west", etc.  are available in the folder "Effects".

Therefore the Vol. 3 transitions appearing in Studio 15 but without the objects.

I tried to repair with the Studio Installation DVD but without any success.

Maybe somebody can help. 

•  09-26-2012, 4:54 551824 in reply to 551706

Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

In your Setup>Project Settings, what do you have for your Default durations for transitions?
  •  09-26-2012, 15:00 551936 in reply to 551824

AW: Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Hi Tony,

2 seconds. But this is not the problem. FX Vol.1 and Vol.2 are running perfectly.

I used Pinnacle 12 with Hollywood FX 6.0 including FX Vol. 1 and Vol 2. Two month ago I installed Studio 15 Ultimate Collection and FX Vol. 3 should be included. The transition are available in Studio but if you pull the transition to the story board you can see the basic transition but not the objects in the transition (like a skull from a cow, flags of pirates, etc.).

Then I explored the Hollywood FX Folders (in C: program files (x86)) and found out that the "effects" folder includes all the FX Vol. 1/2/3 subfolders. But in the "objects" folder are only the folders of Vol 1. and Vol. 2. And possibly in the "images" folder are also some missing items.

I think that the installation DVD of Studio 15 Ultimate Collection only installed Vol. 3 in the "effects" folder but not in "objects" and "images" folders. It could be that just with copy and paste the missing objects and images of Vol. 3 can solve the problem. But the installation DVD of Pinnacle does not show the folders of Hollywood FX.

Maybe somebody can help.

Thanks 

•  09-26-2012, 16:29 551957 in reply to 551936

Re: AW: Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Hi Manske,

Instead of repairing the program, have you tried to uninstall Studio 15 including the plugins and bonus content. And then tried to reinstall again?

Thanks

•  09-26-2012, 17:30 551975 in reply to 551936

Re: AW: Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Just grasping at air here, how about changing the default transition speed to like 5 seconds?
  •  09-27-2012, 13:47 552136 in reply to 551957

AW: Re: AW: Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Hi Marose,

Thanks for your response. I uninstalled 15, plugins and bonus content. But still the same - HFX Vol.3 appears in Studio but without the objects. Again in the HFX system folder "effects" the HFX Vol . 3  transitions appearing (together with Vol. 1 + 2). But no subfolders in the folder "objects" and "images". But in these folders appearing Vol. 1 and Vol 2.

I don't know the reason but Studio 15 Ultimate Collection can not installed competetly Vol. 3. I think just copy and paste the missing files of Vol. 3 in the folders "objects" and "images" can solve the problem. But I can not extract this folders from the Studio 15 Ultimate Collection.

Maybe somebody has further ideas?

Thanks  

•  09-27-2012, 13:50 552137 in reply to 551975

AW: Re: AW: Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Thanks Tony P for your response. But there is no change. But still the same - HFX Vol.3 appears in Studio but without the objects. Again in the HFX system folder "effects" the HFX Vol . 3 transitions appearing (together with Vol. 1 + 2). But no subfolders in the folder "objects" and "images". But in these folders appearing Vol. 1 and Vol 2.

I don't know the reason but Studio 15 Ultimate Collection can not installed competetly Vol. 3. I think just copy and paste the missing files of Vol. 3 in the folders "objects" and "images" can solve the problem. But I can not extract this folders from the Studio 15 Ultimate Collection.

Maybe somebody has further ideas? 

Thanks

•  09-27-2012, 14:26 552148 in reply to 552137

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Manske where are the folder locations you are talking about?
  •  09-28-2012, 0:38 552209 in reply to 552148

AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Hi Tony,

C: => Program files (X86)

=> Pinnacle

=> Hollywood FX For Studio

=> 6.0

=> here you will find the folders "effects", "images" and "objects"

Thanks

Manske

•  09-28-2012, 0:55 552212 in reply to 552209

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Could be the studio xml helper files did not build correctly. Rather then walk you though the process of manually reseting these. The Delic site has a batch program that will do all the work. GO here and get the Repare-HFX-11-12-14-15.bat just make sure you turn off the OS UAC controls first or the batch program will fail. Make sure studio is not running when you tun this.

•  09-28-2012, 10:06 552266 in reply to 552209

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Manske:

Hi Tony,

C: => Program files (X86)

=> Pinnacle

=> Hollywood FX For Studio

=> 6.0

=> here you will find the folders "effects", "images" and "objects"

I do not have a Hollywood FX For Studio folder, yet HFX Vol 3 works just fine in AS1 and PS16U, and PS15UC. I have no separate folder for "effects, images, and objects". What I do have in this location, C:\Program Files (x86)\Pinnacle\Studio 15\Plugins\RTFx\HfxXML is .bmp icons and .xml files for every transition. When I edit the transition (once placed on timeline), Hollywood Fx For Studio- Mega - Version 6.0.5 (build 197) opens up.

What I have found is that by using the default transition time of 2 seconds will not allow the transition to play. Increasing it to 5 seconds does. 

When you increase the transition time to say 5 seconds, does the transition play? 

Now, just looking through an old hard drive, I see that there is the folder you are talking about. That folder installed when I installed PS12. Again, I do not have on my current hard drive, and it appears that all that you list that seems to be missing is not necessary to run PS15UC. Again, I do not have those folders on my current Win7 drive and I have on this drive PS12-16 installed.

•  09-28-2012, 13:02 552286 in reply to 552212

Hi ghuck,

thank you for your support. This process I have done just after installing Studio 15 UC as I saw only FX Vol1 and FXVol2. After using Repare-HFX-11-12-14-15.bat (and turn off the OS UAC controls) at least I could saw all the Vol 3. transistion. But the objects and images are missed.

Concerning your proposal I repeated this process. But no improvement.

Thanks

Manske 

•  09-28-2012, 21:50 552324 in reply to 552286

Manske:

Hi ghuck,

thank you for your support. This process I have done just after installing Studio 15 UC as I saw only FX Vol1 and FXVol2. After using Repare-HFX-11-12-14-15.bat (and turn off the OS UAC controls) at least I could saw all the Vol 3. transistion. But the objects and images are missed.

Concerning your proposal I repeated this process. But no improvement.

Thanks

Manske 

I'm a little confused on what you mean by "objects and images"?

•  09-29-2012, 6:25 552367 in reply to 552324

ghuck:

I'm a little confused on what you mean by "objects and images"?

He is looking for something that used to exist but does not (at least to my knowledge) is being used today. I had those folders when I installed S12 when it was new. Those folders (at least on my hard drive) do not exist any more, yet everything works. Do you have these folders on your computer ghuck? If not, does HFX 3 work?

He still hasn't answered my question on this.

•  09-29-2012, 11:06 552408 in reply to 552367

I do not have the 'C:\Program files (X86)\Pinnacle\Hollywood FX For Studio' directory, but HFX 1,2 and 3 are working. But I only had HFX-plus in studio 10 or 11 (forgot which one) then I lost it on a upgrade, I email pinnacle and they sent me a unlock for the current HFX Creater (Pro/mega) so I'm not sure if that stuff would have showed up upon a full load of that add on package. But I don't think that package has anything to do with the transitions.
  •  09-29-2012, 17:02 552450 in reply to 552408

AW: Re: Hollywood FX Vol. 3 objects are not appearing in folder of objects.

Hi Tony and ghuck,

Thanks for both for your indication. I had fragments of P10 (like the folder described by me). First I delete this folder and after the HFX-Folder (Folder content in the public file) described by Tony. The I uninstall P15 UC and reinstalled it again. Then all 3 Volumes appeared correctly.

If you do not delete also the HFX-Folder in content folder the installation will not be correctly (missing objects or transition with pinnacle brand name).

Thanks both your support.

Nice day

Manske 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy