Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Beep during menu play

Last post 07-12-2012, 11:38 by Raff_Uy. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-01-2012, 17:49 537816

Beep during menu play

Occasionally with Studio 15 I get a very short beep or chirp when a project menu is playing. The beep occurs about every 5 seconds. So far I have been able to get rid of it by changing the duration of the menu but sometimes it takes several tries. The menu uses thumbnail buttons with no motion.

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, have you found a better solution.

Bob

•  07-02-2012, 0:15 537833 in reply to 537816

Re: Beep during menu play

Maybe the menu's you are using are not activated yet. You may need to purchase them so you can use them without any problems.
  •  07-02-2012, 9:12 537874 in reply to 537833

This is one of the standard menues. It is the "Corporate - From the Board Room" menu from Studio 14.
  •  07-02-2012, 14:28 537967 in reply to 537816

I heard a beep just like that when you add audio effects that are not activated, can you try a new project add the menu alone no effects.
  •  07-02-2012, 20:33 538050 in reply to 537967

I realize now that I left out some important information in my original post.

1. The beep is only in the Make Disc output. It does not occur in the Studio Edit tab even in Preview mode.

2. There is not supposed to be any sound when the menu is playing.

3. All the material in the project is on the main video/audio track. There is nothing on any of the other tracks,

4. The only audio effects in the project are fades in & out and level settings and none of that is on the menu.

5. Even the video effects are minimal, a few Dissolve transitions and some pan and zoom to make the video fit the screen. Again, these are not applied to the menu.

6. I delete the auxiliary files between each processing run.

It would not seem that any of the above items would cause the menu beep or would require any activation and if that was the problem, it does not seem to me that changing the Menu duration could cure it.

The problem does not occur on every project and I have no formula for making it happen. Since I have to wait a couple of hours for it to process each time, it takes quite a while to check various menu clip durations to find one that does not beep.

I tried to make a project with just a menu as you suggested but Studio will not let me do Make Disc with just a menu, so I could not tell if the beep would have been in the output.

•  07-12-2012, 11:38 539790 in reply to 538050

tried to make a project with just a menu as you suggested but Studio will not let me do Make Disc with just a menu, so I could not tell if the beep would have been in the output.
    What I meant is start a simple project with just one menu no effects, use the sample footage of PS.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy