Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Users of Camtasia studio. Tips welcome

Last post 06-07-2012, 20:57 by vigor2001. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-04-2012, 12:27 533800

Users of Camtasia studio. Tips welcome

After using Camstudio for a long time, I made the switch to Camtasia.  Not a whole lot different, however I find the export (Produce & Share) is very cumbersome and excessive.  With Camstudio, I dumped my tutorials into Windows Live Movie Maker and then Avid Studio (AS) was able to use them.

I am running into the same problem with Camstudio.  When I finish a capture, CS gives me 2 options: Create a camrec file (which I would then edit with their editor) or just creat an AVI.  Creating an AVI is probably best for importing directly in AS.  I think I have tried this and AS will recognise it.

However, I want to use CS editor to be able to use the Callouts, and zooms.  This last project I decided to save as Camrec file and use CS editor to make some small edits.  Now, whatever I save the video as, AS won't read it at all.  I tried MP4, AVI, and now, currently doing WMV.  AS either shows the circle as the thumbnail or it shows the thumbnail correctly but the player window is green.

For those that work with Camstudio, what do you do?

•  06-06-2012, 20:51 534129 in reply to 533800

Re: Users of Camtasia studio. Tips welcome

Eightysix86:

I want to use CS editor to be able to use the Callouts, and zooms.  This last project I decided to save as Camrec file and use CS editor to make some small edits.  Now, whatever I save the video as, AS won't read it at all.  I tried MP4, AVI, and now, currently doing WMV.  AS either shows the circle as the thumbnail or it shows the thumbnail correctly but the player window is green.

For those that work with Camstudio, what do you do?

I use a few different things to be able to use the files in Avid Studio. I start off by choosing a custom size when I edit the call outs (1280 x 720). Then I created my own preset to save the produced files as a 1280 X 720 WMV file. This video will show you how to do it. It is the best video on YouTube on Camtasia settings, recording, etc.

How To Record and Produce 1080p HD in Camtasia Studio 7

•  06-07-2012, 11:53 534235 in reply to 534129

Great, thanks!  That is pretty much what I do.  That was a great tutorial.  I will try the MOV output too.  I wish there was a more "Native" way to output the video to Avid Studio. 
  •  06-07-2012, 20:57 534300 in reply to 534235

Eightysix86:
    I wish there was a more "Native" way to output the video to Avid Studio. 

Me too.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy