Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

I love Avid; here is my feature request list

Last post 09-16-2013, 3:33 by saby. 3 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-11-2012, 16:36 530840

I love Avid; here is my feature request list

I think most of the items are must have for the iPad app.

I am tring to write this message on my ipad3. It is not going well. First I don't get a cursor so a can't see where I am in the post. And it looks like I can not cut and past. :-(!! I am going to have to write my feature request all over again. As you can see I finally got the past function to work but there are some bug to make this forum work better with the iPad. Also somehow I got the cursor working again. Don't ask me how. 

Feature request list in no particular order:

1) I  would like to be able to access an external HDD either by using the camera connection kit or over Wi-fi. I have the app Goodreader & Filebrowser. Both can access my Apple Timecapsule HDD but I can't access the files from Avid because these program will not copy files to the iPad camera Roll.
     I can get the product call "CloudFTP". That will allow me to connect to an external HDD over its' own Wi-fi network using the FTP file structure. So, Avid needs the option to export and import over FTP. Also I would like to send finished videos directly to my FTP web site.

2) It would be great if Avid could read and edit my HDV Mpeg2 files. Avid already does a great job at editing DSLR files 1920x1080p and 720p 60. I know that the iPad does not natively support Mpeg2 files. Maybe Avid could convert these files if needed by converting the files as the file is being imported. I am not sure about this but I think my Mpeg2 files from my Sony Fx-7 camera will play on the iPad or partially seems to work even though these file types are not supported.

3) I second the feature request of add Slow Motion to Avid. I need the ability to create slow motions in my small video business and precise slow motion. Not just to slow down the whole clip but any number of frames within a clip. By somehow scrolling my finger back and forth over the timeline; to quickly and easily create forward and reverse slow motions at any speed. Similar to using the jog shuttle device on the PC. 

4) Using the razor tool works well but an added feature would to be able to swipe my finger up or down on the timeline to create a cut. Use of more touch screen gestures.

5) I like that Avid automatically adds a default transition to every clip In the timeline. Things like this that seen insignificant make editing just that much more enjoyable and speed up editing a ton. I usually only use the dip from/to Black and the crossfade transitions for most of my movies anyway. I would like this feature expanded. Most of my clips are in widescreen I do not want to have to click on every clip and set the clip to widescreen. I would like Avid to do this automaticlly. So I can set up whether I want the default to be 4x3, 4x3 expanded, if that the correct term, or 16x9 screen size. Then have Avid use this setting for all imported clips.

6) export in 1080p and 480i for those of us that still want to put there video on a DVD.

7) I was about to export my video out to YouTube and the app stated that my video was over 15 minutes in length so it could not export my video. All that is great but what about having the app tell you your video is to long and ask the user if he/she would like Avid to split the video into 15 minute sections. That is a much better idea. This feature or similar is how Apple does it when i want to email a video. apple on the ipad will inform me that the video is to big. Then apple will show me the section that will fit. This allows me to send that section as is or quickly move the highlighted selection to a different part of the full video and send that portion. This is very a very nice feature that i think Avide should implement.  I don't want to have to go back into my video and have to waste my time to trim/ split my video manually. This is what a computer does best. The app should do this process for me.

8) I would also like to be able to output video in other formats like Mpeg2 and H.264. So I can transfer the video to DVD and Blu-ray. 

10) edit transition properties - I think there is to much black at the beginning of the dip from black transition and not enough fadein. I think there should be a way to edit a transition or something.

11) must, must have feature:  full widescreen 1080p streaming to ATV3 and ATV2 to my 40" HDTV to show video and sound only, no program menus. A TV button should be use within the program to stream to a HDTV via ATV3 1080p and 720p to ATV2. So I can edit on my iPad and view the full widescreen view on my TV.

12) And pinch to zoom to full screen would be really nice taking use of touchscreen gestures. 

John Gerard 

•  01-16-2013, 19:27 571844 in reply to 530840

Re: I love Avid; here is my feature request list

Hi, This is my updated list I would like to see included in the next version of Pinnacle Studio. You will see several features I listed in my other post I deleted because I have found other way to perform said functions and are not that important to me to have them as top priority for the development team to work on. I am trying to list only the features that I really need to be added to this app.... Feature request list must have wanted features listed in Ascending order... 1) I second the feature request of add Slow Motion to Pinnacle Studio. I need the ability to create slow motions in my small video business and precise slow motion. One implementation is if Pinnacle Studio could output full widescreen without any menu bars in the full screen mode and incorporate the function like the function on the timeline where I could just swipe my finger left and right to advance the video in a slow motion fashion then i could record such slow motion movements using the app DispRecorder. Then I could import the video clip into Pinnacle Studio and drag the clip into the time line. I don't think this would be as complicated as it sounds from a users perspective using the app. I think this is a better solution than using keyframes in a program like Adobe Premiere Pro. For those users that have the product Jog Shuttle Pro try using it to advance your video forwards and backwards at ease. From very slow single stepping to very fast like fast forward and then just as easily one can twist the Shuttle Jog dial to rewind the footage. Using this product is what gave me the above slow-motion idea. Since the app DisplayRecorder already exists to capture my screen movements. 2) I like that Avid automatically adds a default transition to every clip In the timeline. Things like this that seen insignificant make editing just that much more enjoyable and speed up editing a ton. I would like this feature expanded. Most of my clips are in widescreen I do not want to have to click on every clip and set the clip to widescreen. I would like Pinnacle Studio to do this automatically. So I can set up whether I want the default to be 4x3, 4x3 expanded, if that the correct term, or 16x9 screen size. Then have Pinnacle Studio use this setting for all imported clips. This small add feature would really save me a tone of time in my editing process. And time is money as they say. Also I would like to be able to set a default transition. And a default Volume amount. Usually at the start of every project I have to.... 1) set each clip to 16x9. 2) Increase the volume to 200 or 300 percent. This takes a lot of waisted time and a boring task that the computer could alleviate. 3) Full widescreen 1080p streaming to ATV3 to my 40" HDTV to show video and sound only, no program menus. Also for item #1 to work as described above there needs to be no menu bar option on the Ipad screen in the Full Screen Mode. 4) This is more of a bug than a feature request. Export to Youtube does not work. It keeps erroring on me at the very end trying to export my video to Youtube. I gave up trying to get this feature to work. I am allowed to upload videos longer than 15 minutes. As a workaround I just export the video as a file to my camera roll and then go to Youtube's Web Site and Upload the video from there all using my ipad3. No problems doing it that way. John Gerard
  •  09-16-2013, 3:16 604557 in reply to 571844

I'm glad to see that some of the requested features are now part of the app. I really love the speed modifier, and the audio adjustment to 300%. My only request for now is to add a audio meter so it is easier to adjust the audio accordingly... Instead of by ear.
  •  09-16-2013, 3:33 604559 in reply to 604557

Support of Pinnacle Studio for iPad is now handled by Luma Touch team. I suggest you ask your questions/suggestions in their forum.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy