Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Studio 15 freezes when editing, I dont know what to do,

Last post 04-26-2012, 18:29 by colour. 18 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-21-2012, 19:01 527867

Studio 15 freezes when editing, I dont know what to do,

I have been using 15 for a while. When I edit a video it will freeze, then work a bit and freeze again. I have the latest full codec, I started using a video camera that uses MP4 and that would freeze so I tried to convert to AVI file, still had same issue. Most freezes happen when adding a transition. I download the latest driver for my video card but that did not work. This is the codec K-Lite Codec Pack 8.6.0 Full,

http://www.free-codecs.com/K_Lite_Codec_Pack_download.htm

also an update was available but that did not resolve the problem. I tried another HP computer in my office still same issue. . Will pay by paypal. My email is roy@roydawson.us

15 was a clean install, not an upgrade

I guess I will make sure on Codec to download 64 bit version, thats my computer Win 7, 64 bit. I think the version I downloaded was the 32 bit codec.

http://k-lite-codec-pack-full.soft32.com/free-download?gclid=CPmjm46Rx68CFWpntgodDD-vZg you can select 32 or 64 bit, I will try the 64 bit t make sure. Anyone advise on this, thanks, Roy

I am at the office, downloaded the full codec for 64 bit, without any luck making it work. On MP4 in locks up on each  new scene, more so with a transition than left alone. This is a panisonic video camera I am using. On my flip phone which does a AVI file no problems. I still have lockup, the viewing sreen will go black but the sliding bar contineus to move. I updated the driver for my display adapter ATI Radeon. What else can I do? Please advise, thanks, Roy

•  04-22-2012, 2:35 527873 in reply to 527867

Re: Studio 15 freezes when editing, I dont know what to do, I will pay $50 to anyone who can fix send money by paypal

There is a lot more you can tell us to help solve this issue.

First off, if you try to edit the sample video footage that comes with S15, does the same thing happen? Or is this just confined to the mp4 video or the converted footage?

How long does the computer freeze for and what are the symptoms?

You are going to have to list the hardware and software enviroment, and as you mention being "in the office" if this is a computer on a company network.

...and IMHO it would be against the spirit (and probably rules) of this forum if someone accepted any financial payment for help given via this website.

•  04-22-2012, 9:17 527915 in reply to 527867

Re: Studio 15 freezes when editing, I dont know what to do,

Hello,

I took off the $50 dollar offer, thanks for the advise. I have a flip camera that does a AVI file with no issues. Even when you pause the camera when making a video it makes one continious video. Now with the MP4 camera and making a video everytime you pause the camera it is a seperate small video.So when I add to edit the video you have a lot of cuts?. If I add a transition that is where I have issues, it will freeze, gets jerkey and sometimes a snowy picture. If I leave out the tranistion its a little better. It can freeze at any point in the video. When I metioned the other HP computer it is stand alone, not on a network and has the same problem. I also converted the mp4 to AVI and that made no difference. I will go to my office and uninstall the codec and make sure I get the correct 64 bit codec. Will advise after I try that. Thanks, Roy

•  04-23-2012, 10:04 528078 in reply to 527867

I still have lockup, the viewing sreen will go black but the sliding bar contineus to move. I updated the driver for my display adapter ATI Radeon. What else can I do? Please advise, thanks, Roy

After you dropped the files on the timeline, did you finish background rendering process before playing the clips.

Moved to Studio Edit.

•  04-23-2012, 10:35 528105 in reply to 528078

I have nerver heard about background rendering process? How do I do this? The only thing I do is save the file as I work on it. Please advise, Roy
  •  04-23-2012, 10:53 528110 in reply to 528105

ok, I foud the setting in the software which is checked, enable background rendering, The next box checked is set codec auto., what about the avalibility of codecs in your software setup? Please advise, Roy
  •  04-23-2012, 14:44 528179 in reply to 528110

I use mpeg2 for best preview.
  •  04-23-2012, 15:40 528188 in reply to 528179

I am currently experiencing the same problem.

I"ve been editing a project for the past 2 weeks with AVI files (Sony DV camera footage) and MP4 files (GoPro camera footage). The MP4 files were causing my project to crash so I converted them to AVI files.

This seemed to work alright for awhile but today my project crashes on opening, which means I've lost all my work!!!

When the project opens it's looking for 1 x MP4 file; I've tried skipping the file search and selecting the original but it always crashes.

Is there anyway to repair the project? Or remove the this MP4 file from the project memory?

•  04-23-2012, 16:11 528199 in reply to 528110

Codecs are a red herring. Studio uses it's own, and takes no notice of 3rd party ones installed.
  •  04-23-2012, 19:27 528215 in reply to 528188

NickiMitch:

I am currently experiencing the same problem.

I"ve been editing a project for the past 2 weeks with AVI files (Sony DV camera footage) and MP4 files (GoPro camera footage). The MP4 files were causing my project to crash so I converted them to AVI files.

This seemed to work alright for awhile but today my project crashes on opening, which means I've lost all my work!!!

When the project opens it's looking for 1 x MP4 file; I've tried skipping the file search and selecting the original but it always crashes.

Is there anyway to repair the project? Or remove the this MP4 file from the project memory?

Is there anyway to repair the project?

No. The Project Folder  contains Files that can't normally be accessed by the User & shouldn't be tampered with.

Or remove the this MP4 file from the project memory?

No. For same reason as above.

The Project Folder contains a File that "Looks for" the Source Video used in a Project. If you've Moved it since starting the Project, you get the "Find File" Pop-Up. If you've Renamed it, you need to Rename it back to the original Name. If you've Deleted it, check the Recycle Bin. If it's too large for the Recycle Bin, you're out of luck. 

However:

The MP4 files were causing my project to crash so I converted them to AVI files.

If you Converted before Starting your Project, then presumably Studio is looking for AVI & not MP4. If you Converted after starting your Project, Studio will be looking for MP4, which no longer exists.

BTW - You're Posting a different problem in the same thread, which is confusing. It would be helpful if you started a New Thread &/or maybe one of the Forum Moderators will move our Posts to that Thread.

Anyone-else? 

•  04-23-2012, 20:38 528221 in reply to 528199

Thank you for your answer. I learn something new every day. So the Codec I download has nothing to do with Pinnacle, thanks,Roy
  •  04-23-2012, 20:41 528222 in reply to 528179

Ok let me try and change to that, thanks for the info. Roy
  •  04-23-2012, 21:05 528227 in reply to 528199

Hello,

I want to say I have a Flip camera. Its a low cost low quality camera which makes a AVI file. Even when you pause the video and start again its one continues video. So when editing I have to cut places in the video to make transitions and more. It works perfectly. Now I got this new HD video camera that creates MP4. Each time I pause the camera it makes a seperate video. When editing no big deal I just put them all together. But after that when viewing it tends to get jerky, freezes, snowy screen or just black at the joint, the bar continues moving but in the video stops. As I indicated before I tried to make a video on another computer HP but it did the same thing. I tried to convert the video to an AVI file before adding it to Pinnacle as a test and got the same exact issue, locking up. Please advise, thanks, Roy

•  04-23-2012, 21:21 528229 in reply to 528227

Do you have a short sample clip you can send me for testing?
  •  04-24-2012, 3:07 528248 in reply to 528215

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll post a new thread.

•  04-24-2012, 6:00 528287 in reply to 528248

NickiMitch:

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll post a new thread.

OK. New Thread; HERE.

•  04-24-2012, 15:58 528400 in reply to 528229

Ok, I saved as a stx file, 1 min video with transitions, that were it locks up and freezes. it starts out as a mp4 file. Please advise how I can send, Roy
  •  04-24-2012, 19:48 528431 in reply to 528229

yes, I got a 1 min video stx file with transitions, how to send to you, Thanks, Roy
  •  04-26-2012, 18:29 528700 in reply to 528431

rdawson:
    yes, I got a 1 min video stx file with transitions, how to send to you, Thanks, Roy

Many of us use http://www.mediafire.com/ 

A Free File Upload & Download Website.

Join Mediafire, then you can Upload your File & Post the Download Link.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy