Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Windows 7 OS Upgrade from Vista and Pinnacle 15 Ultimate

Last post 03-15-2012, 13:11 by Raff_Uy. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-13-2012, 17:48 515136

Windows 7 OS Upgrade from Vista and Pinnacle 15 Ultimate

I recently decided to do an upgraded frpm Vista Ultimate 64 to Windows 7 Ultimate 64. Everything went fine but now when I launch Pinnacle Studio 15 Ultimate it comes up in a different color and I get the following message. “The operating System has been upgraded after Pinnacle Studio has been installed. Some or all of the program's features may not operate correctly. We recommend that you re-install the software."

I cannot find any reference to this message - Anyone had to deal with this? No reference on the Pinnacle Knowledge base. What features can be impacted? Do I really need to re-install? What will the impact be on things I have completed and that I am currently working on? I did the upgrade rather than a clean install to avoid having to reinstall stuff. - Regards Ed

•  02-13-2012, 18:00 515141 in reply to 515136

Re: Windows 7 OS Upgrade from Vista and Pinnacle 15 Ultimate

Welcome to the Forums Cool

It is much better to completely uninstall then reinstall your Studio.

Don't worry about your pending projects, it will not be affected in the uninstall process.

•  02-13-2012, 18:12 515145 in reply to 515141

So you are saying if I do a complete uninstall and reinstall all the current and previous work will be fine?  The work files are not located on the C: drive as it is an SSD. Any issues with reactivation?  Thanks Ed
  •  02-15-2012, 10:23 515544 in reply to 515145

The work files are not located on the C: drive as it is an SSD. Any issues with reactivation?  
    Since they are not on C: drive it won't be affected, but Forums experts will agree that moving the project other than the default location might cause problem, I recommend copying the projects back to the default directory after PS installation.

Any issues with reactivation? 
    before you reinstall backup your pixie folder.
  •  03-15-2012, 13:11 521972 in reply to 515136

Hi Ed can you try these steps:

1. Right click on the shortcut of Studio on the desktop "Studio.exe"
    2. Select properties
    3. On the properties Window, select compatibility tab make sure  that all boxes are unchecked.

Give me feedback. 

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy