Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

HOW TO UNHIDE & DELETE THE "HIDDEN" RENDER FOLDER IN W7

Last post 05-26-2013, 4:33 by colour. 13 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  12-05-2011, 4:29 502519

HOW TO UNHIDE & DELETE THE "HIDDEN" RENDER FOLDER IN W7

UNHIDE:

Go to: Start / Control Panel / Folder Options / View Tab / Advanced Settings / Hidden files and folders & Select "show hidden files, folders and drives"

DELETE

Go to: Start / Computer / Local Disk (C:) / ProgramData (Unhidden Folder) / Studio (version number: Eg;15) / Data  & Delete the Render Folder.

•  12-05-2011, 20:24 502678 in reply to 502519

Re: HOW TO UNHIDE & DELETE THE "HIDDEN" RENDER FOLDER IN W7

Does this need to be done with Studio 15 Versions? Or only Version 10 - 14 (I think)? what about Avid Studio?

Thank you.

•  12-06-2011, 3:43 502714 in reply to 502678

SyncroScales:

Does this need to be done with Studio 15 Versions? Or only Version 10 - 14 (I think)? what about Avid Studio?

Thank you.

I Posted That Route for W7, because it's different from my Stickied Post for XP.

Possibly same Route for Vista, which I've never had..

I haven't got S14/15.

If you have W7, follow the Route in this Thread.

If you have XP, follow the Route in my Stickied Post.

Then you'll see if S15 dumps the Final File (What you have in the Timeline in Make Movie) Render files in a Hidden Render Folder. 

I haven't got Avid Studio. In any event & since it's a different Program, the above wouldn't apply.

•  12-16-2011, 11:03 504656 in reply to 502714

Hi

When we unhide and delete the "Render" files, should you also delete the "Media" files also contained in the Data File ??

I have been doing this with my old Vista Ultimate, but I am just changing to Windows 7. 

Cheers. 

•  12-16-2011, 12:50 504696 in reply to 504656

aet3:

Hi

When we unhide and delete the "Render" files, should you also delete the "Media" files also contained in the Data File ??

I have been doing this with my old Vista Ultimate, but I am just changing to Windows 7. 

Cheers. 

OK to do that in W7, TonySmile

•  12-18-2011, 5:35 504922 in reply to 504696

Hi

Thank You.

Also, wishing you a very merry xmas and an happy, healthy and prosperous new year. 

Cheers. 

•  05-27-2012, 18:36 532737 in reply to 504922

In Vista I see render folders in 2 locations:

C:\ProgramData\Studio 14\Data\Render 

and 

C:\Users\BARYE\Documents\Pinnacle Studio\Render

(Perhaps because I installed Studio twice, to different locations -- not sure)

•  07-06-2012, 20:20 538824 in reply to 532737

BARYE:

and 

Correct - There are 2 Render Folder Locations. One is hidden. It's the Hidden  Render Folder that causes the problems. The contents of both Folders aren't the same. Although both contain Auxilliary files.

•  07-07-2012, 5:08 538845 in reply to 538824

colour:
    BARYE:

and 

Correct - There are 2 Render Folder Locations. One is hidden. It's the Hidden  Render Folder that causes the problems. The contents of both Folders aren't the same. Although both contain Auxilliary files.

cool -- good to know !!

•  10-09-2012, 23:14 554367 in reply to 502519

Attachment: FolderOptions.jpg

Colour,

I tried your steps but could not find FOLDER OPTIONS in my Control Panel. Did I miss something?

Bob

•  10-10-2012, 1:05 554377 in reply to 554367

Click on Appearance and Personalizations - Folder options are in there.

You can also get to them in Windows Explorer under Organize

•  05-26-2013, 1:35 593778 in reply to 504696

I have w7 home premium and It had teh export error several times. deleted aux files and then tried the above proc - still the export problem. then I deleted the MEDIA folder and now the title editor does not see my pictures in the picture folder. any way to get these back? I restores the folder from the recycle bin, but still no pictures. I bet I have to re-install st15, right?

I first tried a repair option , but still I do see the pictures files. looks like a full blown install. Why does nt Pinnacle put in a patch for this know EXPORT problem. THis happened right at a deadline (of course). 

•  05-26-2013, 3:34 593780 in reply to 593778

I suppose the lesson here is that if you go around deleting random parts of any program's installation, it is possible that you will break the program and have to re-install it from scratch. Contributors to this forum do offer fixes that have worked for them but you need to stick to what they recommend.

Export problems come in all shapes and sizes and for very many different reasons, so a patch to solve them all would be quite some patch. Moreover, I think it's safe to say that any development work on S15 finished a long time ago.

...and you are kind of off topic here now - if someone does have an answer, they would spot your question more easily if you started a new thread with a suitable title.

•  05-26-2013, 4:33 593782 in reply to 593778

idic5:

I have w7 home premium and It had teh export error several times. deleted aux files and then tried the above proc - still the export problem. then I deleted the MEDIA folder and now the title editor does not see my pictures in the picture folder. any way to get these back? I restores the folder from the recycle bin, but still no pictures. I bet I have to re-install st15, right?

I first tried a repair option , but still I do see the pictures files. looks like a full blown install. Why does nt Pinnacle put in a patch for this know EXPORT problem. THis happened right at a deadline (of course). 

The Media Folder isn't a Source Media storage location. It only holds Copies of Media used in a given Project. The Source Media remains unchanged in it's original Windows OS storage Location. Eg; Pictures / My Pictures by Default or a Custom Location chosen by you. Reinstalling S15 Program doesn't affect Data eg; your Source Pictures.

The Title Editor looks at your Source Picture / My Pictures Folder. Not the  Media Folder.

One can only assume that you've Renamed, Moved or Deleted the Source Pictures . Or have them in a Custom  Location that Studio can't find?

If you Delete the Media Folder & it's contents, the Folder & contents would be in the Recycle bin. Studio automatically regenerates an Empty one.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy