Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Breakout Box or PC card issue?

Last post 11-04-2011, 11:34 by avguy570. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  11-04-2011, 11:34 498301

Breakout Box or PC card issue?

A week or so ago the UPS in my office shut down for a second, then powered back up; turning off everything connected to it.  We replaced its battery, but since then I’ve been having problems with my breakout box (analog Targa 3000).  I don’t know if it’s related or just coincidental. 

The first thing that happened was I got only static through the powered speakers, but the video seemed okay.  So I shut down the PC, then disconnected the breakout box for a few minutes; then reconnected the BOB and powered up.  Audio and video seemed back to normal. 

Since then, when I’ve opened up Chrome I was only getting static through the speakers and the video seemed to shift up and down, mostly on transitions.  This is only on the NTSC (JVC) monitor, not the computer screens.

Once, when I double-clicked on the icon to open up the program, the PC rebooted by itself, though maybe that’s not related to anything.  The last couple of days I haven’t needed to do any editing, so I left it powered down and the BOB disconnected from the tower. 

This morning I reconnected and powered up, and am getting no audio or video through the monitoring devices.  I tried capturing from a DVD (using the BOB) and got no audio, but I did get video – though the colors were all wrong (seemingly off 180 degrees).  For example, skin color was blue-green on a woman in the video. 

The problems seem to be all BOB (or PC card?) related, as I can still edit normally; I just have to monitor sound through the PC speakers, instead of the powered speakers connected to the BOB.  I can’t capture a/v through the  breakout box or output to tape (to archive finished projects).   

If there's anything I can try to fix this, I'd sure like to know.  Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.  

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy