Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Avid Library refresh

Last post 12-16-2011, 21:42 by imaref. 11 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-03-2011, 22:30 493927

Avid Library refresh

I down loaded a few pictures and imported some video. I can not get the Library to refresh so I can see the see the folders, pictures and video. I have went into set up and done everything I know to do. I can see it up dating to the folders where the pictures and video are stored, but when I go to the library, the pictures or video are not there. Any ideas?
  •  10-04-2011, 19:47 494034 in reply to 493927

Re: Avid Library refresh

Check if the folder is added on your watch folder.
  •  10-04-2011, 21:32 494043 in reply to 494034

I can not see the folder in my watch folder. I can see the watch folder updating but after it is finished the folder is not there.
  •  10-04-2011, 21:49 494045 in reply to 494034

I added the folders to the watch folded if that is what you mean
  •  10-04-2011, 21:59 494047 in reply to 494045

This is solved. I don't know exactly how and at the moment I don't care. I can go on editing.
  •  10-05-2011, 17:48 494147 in reply to 494045

I added the folders to the watch folded if that is what you mean.

Exactly, when you add folder to the watch folder, every time you add files on that folder the library will be updated.

•  10-10-2011, 12:31 494795 in reply to 494043

I've noticed this as well. I don't know what causes it. A few times it has taken a couple of days for sub-folders of watch folders to appear in the library. Sometimes a half hour. Starting and stopping AS doesn't help. I don't know exactly what makes it finally take. Generally though the amount of new media makes a difference, or perhaps the length of clips?  Small watch imports can appear immediately though. When it lags, it always APPEARS from the pop-up that the watch import is done, but it is not.

Another thing I have found is I can have a bad clip file. Different issue. Check the CONTROL PANEL and EVENTS to see if you have any bogus files it is trying to import. This can interrupt, delay, abort watch folder importing. When this happens I find it best to manually remove the offending file.

•  10-11-2011, 19:59 494979 in reply to 494795

Hi, Lee

I also wonder what causes those problem.... If you find any clue, just post a thread and I'll help you to investigate it.

Thanks!!

•  12-14-2011, 16:06 504242 in reply to 494795

I bought a Panasonic STR-T70 cam which records files in .MOD format. The camera uses an SD flashcard. I tried importing directly from the camera.

AS sees the video files, gives them a checkmark, and the import progress bar moves just fine, giving a message "import complete".

SO, I go to the Library to grab the files for editing. Nowhere to be found. A search for the specific filenames resulted in a blank screen. So I do it again, and this time I told AS to import to folders already showing up in the Library (rather than the new folder I created for this project, which ALSO did not show up in the Library, even though it's a subfolder in my larger video folder, which is SUPPOSED to be scanned by Watchfolders). I go to the Library again. Nowhere to be found.

Next, I copied the video files directly from my cam to my hard drive video folder that I know Watchfolders scans every time I load AS. Then I exit AS, and re-run it, letting Watchfolders do a new scan.

My video files are still nowhere to be found in the Library, even though Imports is promising me it's bringing them in.

Basically, I have a new camera whose videos I can't edit, even though I have this supposedly-fancy video editing program. Ain't that great? Keeping in mind this is supposed to be a consumer level video editing program -- What's going on? what am I doing wrong? Why isn't Watchfolders seeing the videos and putting them into the Library. Why is Imports telling me it's importing the files but not putting it into the Library? These seem like simple operations; it ought to work. My patience has worn out, but I'm willing to grant that there may be something I'm missing in all this (though the help files and tutorials tell me I'm doing it right).

Solutions, please. Thanks.

•  12-14-2011, 16:14 504243 in reply to 504242

Oh, and I don't need to point out that if I've got a kinda quick turnaround time, as in I've promised relatives copies in a day or two - then waiting for days for the Library to decide when it wants to display my files is very, well, annoying.
  •  12-16-2011, 18:38 504774 in reply to 504243

I have exactly the same thing happening... I have tried all sorts of ways to import my latest video video but no matter what I do it does not show up in the library... I have even shifted it to a folder that the library already sees but still does not show up even though it says it has found new media... Even tried using drag and drop with Windows Explorer.  I have had to go back to Studio 14 to start working on this video which is rather sad.
  •  12-16-2011, 21:42 504776 in reply to 504774

If you haven't tried it already, open Avid Studio. Click on the "movie" tab. Go to "File" and choose "Quick Import".
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy