Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Hollywood HFX volume 1 missing in Studio 12 ultimate

Last post 10-08-2011, 11:30 by culpanr. 7 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-08-2011, 0:27 494474

Hollywood HFX volume 1 missing in Studio 12 ultimate

I had paid for it a few versions back, now I am re-installing studio 12 on a new computer / new OS  , but I do not see the full HFX volume 1 in studio 12's list of trans. I had previously installed st11 and then did a transfer content in case this is the magic bullet to get those hfx.

I have entered my two hfx serial keys into the hfxserial.exe and was told by that prorgam that

hfx basic is now unlicked

hfxpro is now unlicked

But I do not see the transitions. how do I get them?

•  10-08-2011, 0:45 494476 in reply to 494474

Re: Hollywood HFX volume 1 missing in Studio 12 ultimate

i found this from the search and I forgot to do the st 11 bonus install. let's see if this does the trick. so when i did the transfer content, apparently there was no content to transfer. it would have been nice if the transfer content function wd have told this this.

http://forums.pinnaclesys.com/forums/post/284110.aspx

The procedure noted in the link partially worked: I can see transitions, but they are locked with a treasure chest even after I put in my serial nmbrs for hfx. sigh

actually, what I see is

STANDARD TRANSITIONs

there is an abbreviated set of transitions for hollywood fx, much less than what I recall seeing

Hollywood FX Volume 2

these transitions are locked

•  10-08-2011, 2:49 494482 in reply to 494476

When you intalled Studio 12, did you first installed S11 and then S12 then used the transfer wizard?

When you install Studio into another computer, you will be getting a new passport number and need to register it with the same email address as your old computer has and then regenerate the activation keys

or

if you still have Studio in your old computer you can make a copy of your Pixie files int a thumbdrive, external hard drive, etc. and remove the new pixie file from your new computer and put the one you made a copy of and you should have the same activation keys as your old computer has. Make sure you store the pixie file because you may be needing it sometime in the future if one of your computer crashes on you.

Don't forget to install the latest patch for studio 12. (Optional).

•  10-08-2011, 6:26 494514 in reply to 494482

R_Vera:
    When you install Studio into another computer, you will be getting a new passport number and need to register it with the same email address as your old computer has and then regenerate the activation keys
    Inaccurate - when re-registering using the same email address as when first registered, you get the same passport number. And, if you had a written record of the prior activation keys, those same keys will carry on working.

However, "regenerate activation keys" from within Studio is a very convenient way to fill them all in - especially if you have a lot of keys!

But locked (or missing) content can be caused by errors in the effects cache or the activation data; this is documented for both S12 and S14 in the Avid knowledge base - relevant articles here (for S12) and here (for S14) - the S14 article is more thorough and includes more troubleshooting steps, but the basic problems appear to affect S12 and S14 in exactly the same way.

Regards,
    Richard

•  10-08-2011, 9:08 494540 in reply to 494514

"Inaccurate - when re-registering using the same email address as when first registered, you get the same passport number"

That is strange. Everytime I re-formatted my computer I got a different passport number all the time including when I installed it at my laptop too. Once I removed the new pixie file folder and replaced it with the one I have on my desktop, I now have both computers with the same passport and activation keys. Maybe I did something wrong when installing it???? Big Smile

And for the locked effects. I think that he/she installed Studio 12 first and then Studio 11 (my opinion). Hmm

•  10-08-2011, 9:29 494542 in reply to 494540

R_Vera:
    That is strange. Everytime I re-formatted my computer I got a different passport number all the time including when I installed it at my laptop too.
    You are right; that is strange - my own expoerience is that I have always had the same passport number when installing different versions of Studio, on different computers, with different operating systems! The only thing that was constant was my email address...

When you were reinstalling:
    (i) Did you have an active Internet connection at the time?
    (ii) Did you perform the (re)registration from within the Setup program as part of the installation?

In my case, I'm pretty sure that I always re-registered as part of the Setup - perhaps that is why I always kept the same passport number...

But regarding the OP's issue with locked effects - reinstalling things "in the wrong order" is one of many possibilities that might have fouled things up - but I think that the two knowledge base articles do address most of those fouled-up cases - however they might have been caused... I wouldn't be surprised if it was missing Pixies, so as you mentioned in your first reply, restoring the Pixies from a backup might be one way to fix it.

Regards,
    Richard

•  10-08-2011, 10:08 494554 in reply to 494542

" Did you have an active Internet connection at the time?"

This is the error I make. Everytime I re-format my computer I just install the pixie file first and install all of my programs including Pinnacle (and at this time I don't have to re-register again because I already have all my keys installed), and after I am completely done installing, I just connect my internet to computer to end it up with the antivirus software installment.

No wonder Richard I always had a different passport number all the time.... Big Smile

I think I have seen a download fix for the pixie keys somewhere in the knowledge base for S12 or earlier versions?????

•  10-08-2011, 11:30 494565 in reply to 494554

R_Vera:
    Everytime I re-format my computer I just install the pixie file first and install all of my programs including Pinnacle (and at this time I don't have to re-register again because I already have all my keys installed),
    In that case I don't understand why you get a different passport number; one of those Pixies (file name 'user.pu2'?) holds your user data (name, email and passport number) - so by restoring that folder you should be guaranteed to have the same numbers!

I think I have seen a download fix for the pixie keys somewhere in the knowledge base
    Yres, it is in the knowledge base - the links I posted have the link to that "Fix missing Pixie" download; it's one of the documented troubleshooting steps for both S12 and S14.

Regards,
    Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy