Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Need Upgrade (from Silver v1.2) Advice

Last post 06-27-2011, 16:36 by BuckMo. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-27-2011, 16:36 480282

Need Upgrade (from Silver v1.2) Advice

My old pal is dying.  I've been using Liquid Silver v1.2 on Windows 2000 (several SCCI and optical externals, component IN from camera, other old technology) and its days are numbered.  Under consideration:

1.  Liquid Blue system

Advantages:  Blue can read existing Silver files (several hundreds of hours); little or no learning curve.

Disadvantages:  Purchasing an obsolete system for $1,500 more than an up-to-date system doesn't seem right.

2.  Adobe Premier (in Production Premium bundle) / Matrox break-out cluster / high-end tower

Advantages:  Less expensive; open architecture; expandable; likely upgradable

Disadvantages:  Learning curve; for several years I'll have to encode old video (on tape) into the new system on a need basis, so prep time for each new project that is based on old video will be significant.

Observations and suggestions about my choices (and others to consider) are appreciated. 

Also, anybody know of a product that can take the Silver m2v / wav files and (efficiently) convert them to an editable form such as DV? 

Also, I am not a hot-shot pro editor in need to lots of extras.  Rather, my work involves video capture in a studio, mostly cuts only editing with simple transitions, an occasional animation, static title slates, and the need for audio edits and such from time to time.

Thanks.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy