Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Common mistake

Last post 05-30-2011, 9:41 by louis2609. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  05-18-2009, 9:29 308950

Common mistake

It seems that several people have had the issue of incomplete/empty files after recording due to a common error.

When recording with the PVT and deciding to stop recording you must do the following

1- hit REC to stop the recording, the LED nearest the USB device should remain red but those nearest the video/audio connectors return to blue within a couple of seconds, The LEDs above the MODE selector should begin cycling.

2- do nothing else until the blue LEDs near the MODE selector stop cycling and the LED nearest the USB memory/disk connector turns blue again. This can take from a few seconds to a few minutes depending on the durration/quality of the video recording.

3- only AFTER all LEDs are again solid blue should the memory device be unplugged

If you do not follow this procedure and wait for the cycling LEDs to stop and all LEDs return to solid blue before removing the target memory device you will probably end up with a zero-byte file on it. Likewise removing the memory device durring recording will do the same.

I have found that if I always follow this procedure that every recording turns out fine

Tim Nixon

•  05-22-2009, 14:00 310105 in reply to 308950

Re: Common mistake

Thank you for sharing. I'll set this as pinned thread. Yes
  •  05-30-2011, 9:41 475737 in reply to 308950

Re: Common mistake

timn:

It seems that several people have had the issue of incomplete/empty files after recording due to a common error.

When recording with the PVT and deciding to stop recording you must do the following

1- hit REC to stop the recording, the LED nearest the USB device should remain red but those nearest the video/audio connectors return to blue within a couple of seconds, The LEDs above the MODE selector should begin cycling.

2- do nothing else until the blue LEDs near the MODE selector stop cycling and the LED nearest the USB memory/disk connector turns blue again. This can take from a few seconds to a few minutes depending on the durration/quality of the video recording.

3- only AFTER all LEDs are again solid blue should the memory device be unplugged

If you do not follow this procedure and wait for the cycling LEDs to stop and all LEDs return to solid blue before removing the target memory device you will probably end up with a zero-byte file on it. Likewise removing the memory device durring recording will do the same.

I have found that if I always follow this procedure that every recording turns out fine

Tim Nixon

Thanks for your post, i think it is very useful for people to avoid some common mistakes.

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy