Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Showcenter 200 down - New Product?

Last post 04-27-2011, 10:26 by [SWISS]Merlin. 9 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  02-14-2011, 10:11 453079

Hi Thomas

My SC200 is dead and i did buy a other product, because there is no follower by pinnacle.

But with no database behind - it is realy not that i need (30'000 music-files, 40'000 photos...and a long time to wait to load....!)

Please, which product is as fine as the SC200 ?

Can you give me a idea?

Thanks in advance

Peter

•  02-14-2011, 10:42 453090 in reply to 453079

Re: Showcenter 200 down - New Product?

I also had a Showcenter that died due to bad capacitors in its power supply.  A trip to the parts-drawer and few minutes with a soldering iron was all it took to get it running again.  But that's not what you asked about...  Wink

There are quite a few players "out there" now that do some of the same sorts of things that the Showcenter does/did, but that support more video and audio formats, etc.  From the cheap (e.g. Patriot Box Office) to the mainstream (e.g. the Buffalo LinkTheater and Popcorn Hour players, which do most everything that the Showcenter did) , to the full-blown, high-dollar Multimedia PC units that are very expensive, but very capable.  However, it sounds like you are not merely wanting the capabilities of the player -- it sounds like you are also wanting the capabilities of the old Pinnacle Media Manager PC-side software to act as a server.  Correct?

Is the unit that you purchased supported by any of the alternative Showcenter-compatible servers out there?  Like SwissCenter?  If so, perhaps you could replace Pinnacle Media Manager with SwissCenter and continue on as before.

If not, is the unit that you purchased 100% UPnP-driven?  If so, perhaps you could run one of the dedicated UPnP servers (e.g. TVersity) that give you more control than Windows Media Player does.

Other than the above general sort of questions, I don't know how much help we can give you, not truly knowing your situation...

BittMann

•  02-15-2011, 0:01 453215 in reply to 453079

AW: Showcenter 200 down - New Product?

Hi again

Thank you very much for the prompt answer.

At the time, the SC200 broke down, i installed  Windows7 64-bit on 1 PC, which runs 7/24 a day, - so therefore i can not reinstall the Pinnacle Media Manager (a real nice Software-Solution) again.

Yes, i would like to have a Solution like SC200 with the Media Manager Software, which includes a database (to search fast, to make a listing very fast on TV for all my 30'000 music-files and so on...). I did buy a Zyxel Media Adapter 2500, but this is not that what i mentioned.

It would take no matter to me to buy another player - if this would give me the wishes above come true.

Thanks very much again!

Greetings

Peter

•  02-15-2011, 6:38 453292 in reply to 453215

Re: AW: Showcenter 200 down - New Product?

So:  For the computer-side software, are you using Windows Media Player to be the UPnP server, or are you using the Zyxel Media Server software?  Or both?  Or neither?
  •  02-15-2011, 9:42 453328 in reply to 453292

AW: Re: AW: Showcenter 200 down - New Product?

sorry for that ...

I use the Zyxel Media Software.....

tks

•  02-15-2011, 12:25 453404 in reply to 453328

Re: AW: Re: AW: Showcenter 200 down - New Product?

Hrmph.

Tried Windows Media Player yet?  Is it any faster?

•  02-16-2011, 2:01 453607 in reply to 453404

AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Showcenter 200 down - New Product?

Hi

No, tried to use it, but the Zyxel Media Adapter can't connect it (maybe i do someting wrong..).

But is out there no other Hardware/Software Solution like this with SC200?

I think this Zyxel-Adapter ist ok, but the Software behind not realy (only sharing of folders, but everytime the Box is started, new reading of content).

Thanks

Peter

•  02-16-2011, 5:59 453671 in reply to 453607

The functionality of UPnP should allow different methods of accessing Media, so maybe the UPnP server itself is the problem.  That was what I was wondering, anyway.  I was hoping that another (more sophisticated) UPnP server would give you better functionality, by allowing you to browse by folder or by artist/album as well as by "all multiple-thousands of files" like you seem to also experience.

As far as hardware/software solutions "like" the SC200, if you want to buy something that is similar -- take a look at the SwissCenter hardware compatibility list.  You will probably see several hardware solutions that will work "like" the Showcenter there (e.g. Popcorn Hour  A100, Buffalo LinkTheater, whatever) that would let you work "like" your old SC200 by using SwissCenter + media server.

BittMann

•  04-27-2011, 1:15 470459 in reply to 453671

Re: Showcenter 200 down - New Product?

My sc1000 gave up the ghost a couple of weeks ago and now i'm using Boxee (free download) or you can by the boxee box for about $300.00.AUD. I just set up an old pc using boxee and it's GREAT !!! even updates all my downloads automatically. Give it a try u won't be dissapointed 
  •  04-27-2011, 10:26 470565 in reply to 470459

AW: Re: Showcenter 200 down - New Product?

Hi

Thanks very much for this answer. I will try it.

Greetings from Switzerland to all !!¨

Peter

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy