Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Tversity on a Showcenter 200 with 21-81 firmware serves video and stills (jpg) fine but doesn't permit file selection for music

Last post 03-24-2011, 9:41 by worsha. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-22-2011, 14:47 463272

Tversity on a Showcenter 200 with 21-81 firmware serves video and stills (jpg) fine but doesn't permit file selection for music

I have successfully used the free version of Tversity with my Show Center 200 (firmware updated to 21-81), when accessing videos and jpgs.  However, when I attempt to access music, the files are listed but menu selection will not move from "last".  If the list of songs is more than one screen, attempts to move the cursor result in moving to "back" in the next "page" but a file cannot be selected.  Any suggestions?

•  03-23-2011, 5:40 463389 in reply to 463272

Re: Tversity on a Showcenter 200 with 21-81 firmware serves video and stills (jpg) fine but doesn't permit file selection for music

If you try it with a different server, does it do any better/different?

One thing I wonder:  Just how many files/songs are we talking about when this thing gets balky?  I do know that the Showcenter can take forever and a day to load and display a long list of media from a UPnP server.  I basically browse by folder, here, and don't have much problem doing that, but any attempts to browse by genre can get *really* laggy in some of my larger groups.  If you browse by folder (assuming TVersity lets you do that), does it do any better?  Alternatively, if you just let the darned thing sit there for "however long it takes", does it eventually become responsive?  If so, it might just be an "amount of data" problem.

BittMann

•  03-24-2011, 9:41 463652 in reply to 463389

Re: Tversity on a Showcenter 200 with 21-81 firmware serves video and stills (jpg) fine but doesn't permit file selection for music

I have not (yet) tried a different server.  All three categories of files, (video, music, & pictures) are small test quantities, 1 folder each, so I doubt volume is the problem.  I just tried a reinstall of TVersity on a different machine but experience the same symptoms, i.e., video and pictures work OK, music "sticks" on the "back" menu selection.

Art

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy