Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Greetings from proDAD US - Support and product information available

Last post 03-18-2011, 13:34 by oldman1. 12 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-21-2010, 12:42 406105

Greetings from proDAD US - Support and product information available

Hi all,

This is Charlie Fulton, former technical editor for Videomaker, now Technical Support Engineer for proDAD’s brand-new US division! I am looking forward to personally assisting anyone who needs a hand with proDAD products. Please don’t hesitate to email any questions you have to support@prodad.us . I'll be lurking in these forums from time to time to offer anything I can.

Please also check out our new US Web site at www.prodad.us . You can also get trial versions of all of our products as well.

•  06-21-2010, 13:08 406108 in reply to 406105

Re: Greetings from proDAD US - Support and product information available

Some people would like greater tutorial or user guidance to the Mercalli stabilizer.  Most of the existing documentation seems to pertain to standard definition.  It is seldom clear what workflow, settings, or options are best for the various HD formats or situations in need of stabilization.  For instance, I have tried to stabilize 1440x1080i 13mbps AVCHD clips, which may render and show improvement in preview, but then look shaky again after being exported to a file or disc image.  Thanks for any pointers.
  •  06-21-2010, 15:14 406136 in reply to 406108

I'll see if I can come up with a few good guidelines to share in the next couple of days. A lot of working with Mercalli is trial and error, though. The next version (which is slated to ship next month) will include a number of HD improvements.

•  06-21-2010, 16:26 406146 in reply to 406136

Pinned.
  •  06-22-2010, 14:40 406328 in reply to 406105

Hi, This is so timely Big Smile as I'm in middle of ongoing project. - Have been a longtime user of the Heroglyph Studio Plugin (Currently S12 Ultimate). One thing that has frustrated me for some time is the following - and I hope its just an oversight on my part:

If you add an object to the heroglyph timeline and then place a fade in effect and/or a fade out effect after it, I can not see a way of telling which effect has been used if you wish to go back and edit it, or use the same effect on a new timeline object. If you go to the effects box while on a timeline object what seems to be highlighted is the last effect used rather than what is used on the particular object on the time- line. I can't seem to find anyway of determining exactly what effect was used. Yes, you know you have used a rotation effect or a wave effect but with 6 or so of each - which effect exactly. There seems no text option either that gives that detail. By way of an example - when using Mercelli and you have applied an effect - if you go back and edit the clip you know exactly what effect you have applied as it defaults to that effect in the selection box(es). From what I can determine Heroglyph gives no glue/notation as to which effect has been applied. The same applies if an effect is applied to the timeline object as a permanent effect.
    What am I missing please? - so I can stop taking copious notes of every Heroglyph effect I apply, so I am able to duplicate each one, when needed again on a project spread over many months - my memory is just not that good Sad.

BTW, I have had recent successes (SD) with camera movement problems with Mercelli using a different effect that what would have been my 1st choice from the description of the effect. Yes there is loss of clarity - to be expected - but the movement reduction has been quite acceptable. Rendering the processed clip to an avi file and then applying a mercelli effect again has also seen further improvements - but I agree - more info on effect selection would be helpful, if available, rather than the currect trial and error.

Thanks

Colin

•  06-27-2010, 8:48 407053 in reply to 406328

Hello Colin cr1,

To reproduce an effect used in Heroglyph when you edit one existing, go to: WINDOW > TREE VIEW
    Then, go to "FX" (on the right), and take note of all parameters. I know, that's heavy, long, but this is the only way to reproduce an effect in another sequence. At least, that's the only solution which was given to me by proDAD long ago.

proDADus, welcome aboard. One good point would be the compatibility of proDAD effects/software with Pinnacle Studio. When upgrading from S12 to S14, it was quite difficult to keep all proDAD plugins (hopefully we found a solution). 

DV FX
    PS: For christmas 2010, there is a special price for a very limited time, for buying proDAD Mercalli at less than 90 $ !!!!

•  06-27-2010, 14:18 407106 in reply to 407053

Declic_Video:

you edit one existing, go to: WINDOW > TREE VIEW
    Then, go to "FX" (on the right), and take note of all parameters. I know, that's heavy, long, but this is the only way to reproduce an effect in another sequence. At least, that's the only solution which was given to me by proDAD long ago.

DV FX

Thanks for that - Playing with the Tree view/fx got my problem sorted - have always used Navigation bar view. What I wasn't doing was being precise enough in that I wasn't manually changing to the Fade-in/ Permanent/Fade out view as required. Placing the scrubber over the effect is not enough - you need to change to the fade-in effect view (in the effects box) if that's what the scrubber is over and then the actual effect being used is highlighted - That's the part I was missing Embarrassed - works fine now in Navigation Bar mode also Big Smile  

Thanks again

Colin

•  09-28-2010, 21:42 424189 in reply to 407106

Deleted Tongue Tied

•  09-30-2010, 16:39 424600 in reply to 406136

Has the Mercalli v2 standalone program been officially released yet?
  •  10-01-2010, 12:16 424702 in reply to 424600

Has the Mercalli v2 standalone program been officially released yet?

Not sure if it's "official" - or even an "end version", but I got a mail from ProDad saying that I could download the latest version. I just had to use the same link that I got to download the pre-release version to get the newer one.

•  03-05-2011, 21:40 458519 in reply to 406105

Hi Charlie,

Wondering if you could possibly help us out with a small problem we have with the Prodad Vitascene as a plug-in for Pinnacle Studio 15.

We were  using this plug-in all ok on Studio 12 then we recently upgraded to Pinnacle Studio 15 Ultimate and can not get Vitascene to show in 15 as a plug-in, we have the programme file

on our PC which we can open but then of course we can't get any of the Pinnacle projects to open in it......We have tried uninstalling both and re installing but this has not worked, we just

can't get 15 to show vitascene as a plug-in.

can you please advise and help us with this problem.

Thanks

Anita

•  03-06-2011, 6:20 458590 in reply to 458519

Hello Anita-Tonita,

To transfer your content, you can use our transfer tool: Transplug-S14/S15

DV FX

•  03-18-2011, 13:34 462407 in reply to 406105

Charlie. I have a stand alone version of Heroglyph 2.6.27. I have it on one computer and would like to take it off of the one it is on and transfer it to my new one. I did this through a download several years ago and forgot I had the darn thing ! How can I do this?
View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy