Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Procedure to unlock old plugins and use them in Studio 15 Ultimate

Last post 04-16-2011, 16:09 by vconway. 4 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-15-2011, 15:57 461592

Procedure to unlock old plugins and use them in Studio 15 Ultimate

I installed Studio 15 Ultimate--Adorage, Vitscene, Heroglyph and Stage Tools were locked/watermarked even after using the Studio 15 transfer content program. Here is the procedure I used to get everything installed and unlocked/unwatermarked in Studio 15 Ultimate:

1. Installed Studio 10 Titanium (vista version); installed updates; rebooted.

2. Ran Studio 10 and entered every activation key I have. Closed the program.

3. Intalled bonus content for Studio 10.

4. Opened Studio 10 and entered every activation key I have. Closed the program.

5. Opened Studio 10 to make sure all included plugins were working (they were).

6. Installed Studio 11; installed updates; rebooted.

7. Ran Studio 11 and entered every activation key I have. Closed the program.

8. Installed bonues content for Studio 11.

9. Opened Studio 11 and entered every activation key I have. Closed the program.

10. Opened Studio 11 to make sure all included plugins were working (they were).

11. Installed Studio 12; installed updates; rebooted.

12. Ran Studio 12 and entered every activation key that I have. Closed the program.

13. Installed bonus content for Studio 12.

14. Downloaded and installed updates for Adorage, Heroglyph, Vitascene, etc. and chose the options to include plugins for Studio 10, Studio 11, and Studio 12

15. Ran Studio 12 content transfer from the install disc.

16. Ran Studio 12 and entered every activation key I have. Closed the program.

17. Ran Studio 12 to make sure all included and transfered plugins were working (they were).

18. Installed Studio 15, bonus content, and Hollywood FX, etc.

19. Ran Studio 15 and entered every activation key that I have. Closed the program.

20. Installed updates AGAIN for Adorage, Heroglyph, Vitascene, etc. and chose JUST the option to include plugins for Studio 15.

21. Ran Studio 15 and entered every activation key that I have. Closed the program.

22. Ran Studio 15 and they following plugins are up and running (with NO watermark) for Studio HD Rtfx, Studio Ultimate Rftx, RTFX Vol. 1, RTFX Vol. 2, Heroglyph, Red Giant plugins, Stage Tools, proDAD Vitascene filter, and proDAD Adorage filter. In the transitions I have Hollywood FX vol. 1, 2, 3 as well as Adorage transitions and Vitascene transitions. Everything is unlocked and working.

Haven't figured out Boris Grafitti or MagicBullet yet, but I'm working on it.

Haven't decided yet if I'm going to uninstall the other Studio versions because I don't want to mess anything up.

Hope this helps!

•  03-16-2011, 2:13 461652 in reply to 461592

Re: Procedure to unlock old plugins and use them in Studio 15 Ultimate

I have v11, 12UC, 14UC, 15UC and AS on the same system. I dread the idea of say removing 11-14 because it might "break" something in the process and I will have to start installing everything from scratch to gather all that content I never use. Confused

•  03-16-2011, 10:02 461752 in reply to 461652

I hear you loud and clear.

I emailed Avid support when I first got Studio 15 installed because so many of the 3rd party plugins were watermarked. According to them, it is not possible to use the 3rd party plugins from previous versions with Studio 15.

I showed em'!

•  03-20-2011, 12:40 462777 in reply to 461752

Hello,

If it can help someone, we just released a batch file for automating all the procedure to transfer old content to new Pinnacle Studio 15.
    Everything is explained here: Install Pinnacle Studio 15 and its components.
    You also have a dedicated tutorial for installing Pinnacle Studio 15 plugins.

DV FX

•  04-16-2011, 16:09 468601 in reply to 461592

Found this in google search and tried it.  worked great! 

http://declic-video-fx.com/language/en-US/News/ID/1258/Install-Pinnacle-Studio-15-and-its-components.aspx

Good luck!

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy