Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Win 7 and S12+ and HFZ files

Last post 03-28-2011, 12:33 by Declic_Video. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-15-2011, 5:51 461451

Win 7 and S12+ and HFZ files

Well so far so good with the new W7 (64)system and Studio 12+ (haven't got S15u yet).

All went well until I tried decompressing and using some compressed HFZ files from the DV site. I have used these successfully under XP so I decompressed some of my collection under W7 (64)

The decompression went well and the files show up correctly under the declic heading in the Tx listing. The Tx work well too!

Now the question/problem:

Although the decompressed Hfx file shows up under Studio it does not appear in the listing when I run the editor as a stand alone program
    Previously under XP when an HFZ was run it created an Hfx in Studio but it was also possible to open that same file when the Fx editor was run outside Studio. Now this is not the case, although the file decompresses to the declic folder within the Studio listeing and becomes usable and editable when opening the editor from within Studio 12+, it does not show up if I open the  Fx editor as an independeant progam,outside of Studio.

Is there any way to have these Hfz files decompress so that they are available to both programs and not just to Studio ??

•  03-20-2011, 12:36 462776 in reply to 461451

Re: Win 7 and S12+ and HFZ files

Hello Mick,

You posted on our website I think, and we gave the following answer: check if you are opening the correct Easy FX Editor Version. You probably use HFX V5 instead of HFX V6.

DV FX

•  03-21-2011, 0:22 462834 in reply to 462776

Declic_Video:

Hello Mick,

You posted on our website I think, and we gave the following answer: check if you are opening the correct Easy FX Editor Version. You probably use HFX V5 instead of HFX V6.

DV FX

Thank you for your reply, yes I have also posted this question on your DV website.

To clarify my situation., I have installed Easy FX Editor version 6 which came with my Studio ver 10 plus.
    I have been using this Ver 6 with Studio 12 plus on a PC with Windows XP and I have not had any problems.

Now I have installed Studio v12 plus on my new system which has Windows 7.
    I have also installed and activated my FX Editor 6 program

When I install a downloaded compressed HFZ file I can find and use the new effect when I am working in Studio 12 plus (the file is found in a new folder named Declic Video).
    By clicking on the FX on the timeline in Studio it will open the FX Editor and I can edit the Fx, but I can only do this from within Studio.

My problem is that when I open my FX Editor Ver 6 as a standalone program (not running Studio) the editor program works correctly with the Fx supplied on the disc (from Studio 10+) but I cannot find any folder named Declic Video and I cannot find the new decompressed effect.

It would seem that the new decomressed Fx is linked to Studio 12+ correctly but is not linked to the FX Editor directly. 

Mick

•  03-27-2011, 11:44 464210 in reply to 462834

I just anaswered on our comment page, please keep us posted, and if our solution works, do not hesitate to copy/paste here !

;-)

DV FX

•  03-27-2011, 18:38 464241 in reply to 464210

Declic_Video:

I just anaswered on our comment page, please keep us posted, and if our solution works, do not hesitate to copy/paste here !

;-)

DV FX

DV, thank you for your reply, I have posted to the DV comment page.

Thanks to the information from DV the problem is resolved and would appear to have been due to a "double installation" on my part.

For information:
    The version which I had linked to as a standalone version of the editor was located in:
     C:\Program files(x86)\Pinnacle\Hollywood FX\6.0
    This was the install from my S10+ disc Sad

Following DV's instructions I located the correct one in the following directory:
    C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Pinnacle\Contents\Hollywood FX

For anyone wanting to read the thread  on the DV site the link is HERE.
    my latest reply (on the DV site), today, may not appear fo a day or two

Thanks again DV

•  03-28-2011, 12:33 464387 in reply to 464241

Here is the direct link to your comments...

DIRECT LINK HERE

DV FX
    PS: Comments are moderated, that's why it takes few hours to appear (but normally not more than 1 full day). We are obliged to moderate comments, due to some people who spam... Since we have opened the comments for people who are NOT registered (I am against this practice of asking someone to register to post). So far, it works well...

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy