Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

Creating a new custom menu

Last post 03-11-2011, 4:17 by jjn. 5 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-11-2011, 1:19 460341

Creating a new custom menu

I can't find anywhere how you would a a new blank menu to a Disc project, for creating my own menus instead of using the included ones.

•  03-11-2011, 2:54 460359 in reply to 460341

Re: Creating a new custom menu

There are two basic menus (shown in the disc authoring tutorial advanced). I've seen or read they are suggesting you strip the layers off (text buttons etc) and then "save as" the what is now a "Blank menu" to my Menus, as the start point of a custom build menu. Haven't installed AS yet but it makes sense. You basically end up with a blank title page in your menu list simliar to a blank title page in Studio from which you build a custom menu. To that you can add your Buttons, Text, background etc to achieve your Custom Menu. You could do save as so you don't overwrite the "blank menu" but if you do it's not a major to recreate it.

Colin

•  03-11-2011, 3:26 460368 in reply to 460359

Here you go - knew I'd seen it somewhere - and put perhaps more elequently than I did.

AS blank menus FAQ

FWIW they have added about 5 pages of FAQ's relating to AS in the last 48 hours - I'd check there on a regular basis - they appear to be doing a great job of it YesBig Smile probably worth a thread on its own

Colin

•  03-11-2011, 3:43 460372 in reply to 460368

They seem to be skirting around an issue in that FAQ. One feature that seems missing IMHO is being able to open menus for editing in the Library. The only way that I can find to do it is to switch to disc mode, put the menu on the menu bar, select it in the viewer and then go to Edit from there.

You can open titles for editing in the Library - why not menus?

•  03-11-2011, 3:55 460374 in reply to 460372

Hi Jeff,

Not sure but maybe has something do do with the fact that you can bring menus created in earlier studio versions into AS (I'm not sure if that's all together a good thing BTW) They were basically created on the timeline and in effect edited on the timeline also.- Just a guess

Edited - I see both titles and menus can be brought in from earlier versions so I don't know. Zip it! 

Have you had any more info on the Intel Media SDK or its true relevance in the real world (if any) 

Colin

•  03-11-2011, 4:17 460377 in reply to 460374

Hi Colin - I thought there was a workaround in S14 so that you could open the menus without having to put them on the timeline, but that still might be relevant.

But even when you get the AvSo Menu editor open, there is a Save as, but no Load.

Intel SDK - I've not had any time to investigate further, but people with i7s - Jim Sheldon for example - seem to think that AvStudio is much faster than S14. I'm not seeing huge improvents between S14 and S15.

Added - although as has been pointed out to me he doesn't have a Sandy Bridge CPU, and I don't know how far the Media SDK extends...

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy