Forums
in > Search
Welcome to Pinnacle Systems - Forums Sign in | Join | Help

S14UC - "leveler" resets volume on file boundaries - best way to work around?

Last post 03-08-2011, 12:00 by culpanr. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-05-2011, 12:41 458455

S14UC - "leveler" resets volume on file boundaries - best way to work around?

Editing a video of the local village pantomime; this was shot using a Panasonic SD700 (AVCHD - SD card) camera. Although it was shot as a single "take", due to the length and 4GB (FAT32) file size limit on the SD card, the camera has split it into two .MTS files (first file has 4GB, approx 35 minutes, remainder is in second file).

Brought files into Studio, applied "leveler" plugin to soundtrack (based on "Off screen dialog" preset, identical slider settings for the soundtrack of both files (in fact used Studio's "copy/paste effect settings" (CTRL/E & CTRL/D)).
    However, when previewed and output ("make file") the "leveler" effect is reset at the boundary between the two files, so the volume suddenly goes quiet (all compression gione) and the gain/compression then "ramps up" again during the first two or three seconds of the second file

(a) Is there a way to stop this happening?
    (b) Or will I have to export the whole soundtrack as a .WAV file with no effects applied, then bring it back into Studio, replacing the two parts of the soundtrack so the "leveler" has just one clip to work with)?
    (c) Otr is there another (easier/better) way?

Regards,
    Richard

•  03-08-2011, 10:10 459225 in reply to 458455

Re: S14UC - "leveler" resets volume on file boundaries - best way to work around?

No hits, eh?  Sorry, I don't have any other ideas either.  Sad
  •  03-08-2011, 12:00 459326 in reply to 459225

Re: S14UC - "leveler" resets volume on file boundaries - best way to work around?

Hi Bittmann,

Thanks for at least showing that you read the post Smile
    Problem is not restricted to file boundaries - scene boundaries within the same file also do it - even two contiguous scenes (e.g. split by "detect scenes by video content or manually by the razor)

I fixed it the only way I knew - exported the whole soundtrack (unprocressed) as a .WAV file, brought it back in as a singlre clip and applied thre Leveler to it. Worked OK, the quiet dialogue is boosted as desired and thankfully there were no A/V sync problems between the original video and the processed soundtrack Smile

Regards,
    Richard

View as RSS news feed in XML
Copyright © 2012 Corel, Inc.. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy